The # 2-ranked College of Pennsylvania guys’s squash group opened up the 2022-23 period Saturday with a set of 9-0 gain # 16 Franklin and also Marshall and also Dickinson. In the early morning session versus Franklin and also Marshall, with 3 Quakers making their college launching and also 2 returners dipping into their highest possible areas in the schedule ever before, the Red and also Blue made fast job of the Diplomats, winning all 9 suits 3-0. After missing his whole fresher period with an injury,
Oliver Environment-friendly went down simply 7 factors in grabbing the day’s initial factor. Abdelrahman Dweek, likewise making his Quake launching, won at # 8 and also Nathan Kueh, playing # 1 for the very first time, ran his Penn document to 20-2 going back to last period. Elderly co-captain Saksham Choudhary, dipping into # 3, his highest-ever place in the schedule, continued to be unbeaten as a Quake in normal period play while fellow co-captain Dillon Huang grabbed a win at # 2. Shaam Gambhir, Tushar Shahani, Dana Santry and also fresher Hao Cui liquidated the last wave for the Red and also Blue.
(* ) . In the mid-day versus the Devils, Environment-friendly surpassed his early morning efficiency, going down simply 6 factors amount to in one more 3-0 win. Huang, Dweek, and also Kueh placed Penn on the edge of one more win and also
secured the suit with a win at # 9. Rehan Luthra and also Omar Hafez made fast job of their challengers in both of their Quake debuts, each grabbing 3-0 success, as did Choudhary and also Dweek. The Quakers cover the weekend break back in Philly at the Specter Squash Facility at Midday in the Fight for 33 rd
Road versus pre-season # 7 Drexel.
Franklin and also Marshall .
. Nathan Kueh
- d. Petr Nohel– 11-7, 11-7, 11-2
- . Dillon Huang
- . Saksham Choudhary(* )d. Marco DiFilippo– 11-4, 11-8, 11-7
- Dana Santry(* )d. Teddy Eill– 11-8, 11-5, 11-6 .
- d. Flavio Hinostroza– 11-1, 11-3, 11-3 .
- . Tushar Shahani (* )d. Samuel Freed– 11-6, 11-4, 11-8
- Abdelrahman Dweek (* )d. Evann Tan– 11-5, 11-7, 11-5 .
- d. Blake Novice– 11-4, 11-8, 11-3 .
- Nathan Kueh d. Omar Ali– 11-3, 11-2, 11-5
d. Kyle Broadhurst– 11-7, 11-4, 11-7
Shaam Gambhir (* )d. Noah Katzer– 11-6, 11-8, 11-8
Order of coating: 5, 8, 1, 3, 9, 2, 4, 6, 7
d. Mark Naguib– 11-6, 11-4, 11-5
- Dillon Huang (* )d. Kobe Fleming– 11-4, 11-2, 11-5
- . Saksham Choudhary
- . Oliver Environment-friendly (* )d. Samuel Knipp– 11-3, 11-2, 11-1
- Rehan Luthra (* )d. Patrick Noonan– 11-2, 11-1, 11-5 .
- d. Hussein Eldesouky– 11-1, 11-1, 11-4 .
- d. Jack Corkum– 11-5, 11-3, 11-8 .
Order of coating: 5, 3, 8, 1, 9, 6, 7, 4, 2
d. Aidan Ray– 11-5, 11-3, 11-2
Brian Cowhey (* )d. James Kiracofe– 11-5, 11-1, 11-6