Phoenix Suns Media Day is upon us — or at the very least it is going to be on Mon. Sep. 26 — and there’s no scarcity of storylines that the squad’s gamers and staffers are certain to the touch on. I’ll be one among 4 Shiny Aspect staffers in attendance.
I’m nonetheless tremendous curious to listen to what gamers take into consideration the Sarver fallout, in addition to any particular traits they’re hoping they get of their subsequent boss.
Nearer to the court docket itself, it appears the largest query dealing with the Suns going into the brand new season — who begins on the 4 between Jae Crowder and Cam Johnson? — has already been answered. On this offseason, Crowder has been essentially the most disgruntled non-star that I can bear in mind.
It’s coming to a head with Crowder tweeting — and rapidly deleting — a message that he’s skipping out on media day fully, seemingly giving method to Johnson to be the full-time beginning energy ahead.
Particularly if Crowder is actually a no-show, it can seemingly deliver a crowd to Johnson’s availability, and I can already think about a number of the doable speaking factors:
- growth in offensive self-creation
- elevated quantity in three-point capturing and off-ball utilization (performs drawn as much as run him round screens, and so on.)
- holding up on the defensive finish in opposition to larger forwards
- looming contract extension talks
Talking of doable speaking factors, let’s contact on a number of the potentialities with a number of the different guys as effectively.
- NBA 2K press runs as the quilt athlete
- particular person targets for the season; doable All-Protection campaigning after nice strides in that division the previous couple seasons, even obtained one second-team vote final season
- areas of sport which can be enhancing and being added through the offseason
- deeply embedded for 2 current proprietor dismissals of types; Sterling and Sarver
- willingness to ease up on utilization and minutes load
- something he realized from Dallas sequence struggles
- consolation degree with counters reported in James Jones interview with azcentral’s Duane Rankin
James Jones says that the contract scenario between DA and the Suns is behind them, and that Ayton has been actually working arduous within the gymnasium on what JJ calls “second degree counters” reminiscent of: shot pretend jab, to the basket spin, breaking down defenders on the prime, and decide and pop. pic.twitter.com/wm1SvUHIer
— of☀️ (@TheBookofPHX) September 12, 2022
- how he sees his position altering after getting paid
- talked about as a rookie that his objective was to get a second contract; what’s the brand new objective?
Dario Saric, Ish Wainright, Josh Okogie:
- what have been every hoping to get out of their FIBA stints with Croatia, Uganda, and Nigeria respectively?
- did they accomplish that?
- how a lot was the damage danger factored in to their need to symbolize their nationwide groups?
Okogie, Damion Lee, Jock Landale, Duane Washington Jr., Frank Jackson:
- what do the newcomers hope to deliver to the squad and in what roles?
- lots is made about “inner growth” in the case of the youthful guys on the roster, in what methods is the coach growing as effectively?
- concerning in-game and in-series changes, what did he be taught from the Dallas sequence?
I additionally put out a feeler to the Twitter-sphere hoping to gauge the questions that the followers have proper now, and I obtained a pair attention-grabbing responses:
For any of the gamers: did this most earlier playoff run reveal something about their skillset that they wished to work on? On both finish of the ground?
— BertoG〰️ (@B_Gonz0) September 23, 2022
Ask DA: What position within the offense do you envision this season ? The 2nd possibility behind Booker ?
— William (@William18378078) September 23, 2022
What are a number of the urgent questions that you simply guys need answered? Perhaps yours will probably be answered!