It’s the very best time of the 12 months to be a Jets fan. A recent slate. A brand new season. Tied for the very best document within the NFL at 0-0.
There’s renewed hope this season. The Jets have an infusion of younger expertise and a greater roster than they’ve had shortly. After a 4-13 season, it’s troublesome for this season to not go higher than final. There’s simply too many good gamers on this roster for this group to win any lower than 4 video games. Sadly, the primary three video games can be with out their babyface franchise QB, Zach Wilson.
To sit up for the Joe Flacco revenge recreation Sunday and preview the 2022 Jets season, we convey you the return of the “Gang’s All Right here” podcast with Brian Costello and me, Jake Brown. We’ll launch new episodes each Monday morning for the postgame present and Thursdays for the previews for the sport forward.
‘Gang’s All Right here’ Podcast with Jake Brown & Brian Costello
- FLACCO TIME: From Zach Wilson being a possibly for Week 1…to Joe Flacco being named the beginning QB for no less than Week 1, 2 and three. What occurred? Why did Coach Saleh say on Monday that Wilson might probably play Sunday? How will the Jets do with Flacco on the helm?
- WILSON’S DURABILITY: Coz calls into query the sturdiness of the Jets franchise QB. He missed 4 video games in his rookie season final 12 months. He’ll miss no less than three video games this 12 months. He missed an entire season at BYU. He’s by no means constantly stayed on the sphere. Coz didn’t like his reply to the media about not wanting to alter his method to operating with the soccer.
- JETS-RAVENS WEEK 1 PREVIEW: It is a powerful Week 1 matchup for the Jets, however they get the Ravens at an excellent time. They’re a little bit banged up. Lamar Jackson nonetheless doesn’t have a contract extension. J.Ok. Dobbins is banged up. The Jets may have a packed, loud crowd behind them. Coz has the Ravens profitable the Tremendous Bowl this 12 months…however he shocks us all and takes the Jets Sunday!
Coz: 27-24 Jets
Me: 23-20 Jets
- JETS TRAINING CAMP/PRESEASON STANDOUTS: Tyler Conklin was very spectacular. He’s primed to have a giant season.
Folks shouldn’t sleep on Michael Carter. He can have a giant 12 months. Jets will go together with the recent hand within the backfield.
Micheal Clemons has been excellent up to now, very aggressive. He may have a task, however possibly not instantly since he’s behind some guys.
Sauce Gardner appears to be like good. They didn’t throw in the direction of him loads.
- SEASON PREVIEW: This protection may be very a lot improved. Carl Lawson again can be big. The secondary is a model new group of men with a lot of expertise. They might wrestle a bit in opposition to the run, however be robust in opposition to the cross. Jermaine Johnson had a quiet camp, however gained’t have an enormous function this 12 months. Offensive line can be good, however could take a little bit of time to develop continuity. The Jets lastly have a fairly good kicker and ought to be set with Greg Zuerlein.
- JETS PREDICTIONS: Coz has the Jets document at all-time low, the identical as final season at 4-13. Coz thinks the Jets schedule is simply too powerful for them to seek out extra wins. Additionally they at all times take care of accidents they usually can’t afford to lose guys to accidents. I’m extra optimistic and assume the Jets go 7-10. Their ceiling might be 9-8 and the underside for them being 4-13 or 5-12.
Atone for all episodes of “Gang’s All Right here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Comply with Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio.