By Tyler Mayforth, USTFCCCA
October 5, 2022
NEW ORLEANS – Welcome to October!
Right here is the latest NCAA DIII Ladies’s Cross Nation Nationwide Coaches’ Ballot for the 2022 season, as launched on Wednesday by the U.S. Monitor & Discipline and Cross Nation Coaches Affiliation (USTFCCCA). Keep in mind that this ballot is performed by counting votes from ten member coaches – one from every of the division’s ten areas – who additionally do the weekly Regional Rankings.
NCAA Division III — Ladies’s Cross Nation
This Week’s Nationwide High 5
Cross Nation Polls & Rankings
High groups dealt with enterprise this previous weekend, which is a giant purpose why the top-5 squads didn’t change from Week 3.
- SUNY Geneseo held regular at No. 1 following a clear sweep of the Mike Woods Invitational, which was led by Kathleen McCarey’s particular person title in 21:11.8.
- Wartburg remained No. 2 after turning away fellow top-10 program Washington (Mo.) on the Dan Huston Invitational and getting a win from Aubrie Fisher.
- UChicago decimated a proficient area on the NCAA DIII Nationwide Preview Meet by placing three athletes within the top-5 separated by simply 3.2 seconds and scoring 59 factors.
- Johns Hopkins ran admirably within the ultra-competitive Ladies’s School Gold 6k on the Paul Quick Run as the one NCAA DIII program within the area and completed 34th out of 46 groups, however didn’t budge from No. 4.
- Claremont-Mudd-Scripps posted a powerful victory within the Ladies’s School Brown 6k on the Paul Quick Run and is ranked No. 5 as soon as once more.
You’ll see two of the largest jumps within the top-15 with George Fox hovering from No. 25 to No. 12 and Lynchburg climbing the index from No. 27 to No. 15. The Bruins completed a transparent fourth on the NCAA DIII Nationwide Preview Meet (simply 19 factors behind No. 9 UW-La Crosse), whereas the Hornets stung packages from all three NCAA divisions in a third-place effort within the Ladies’s School Brown 6k on the Paul Quick Run. That is the very best rating in program historical past for each GFU and Lynchburg.
5 different groups noticed their inventory rise 4 or extra spots in Week 4: Calvin went from No. 23 to No. 18 after ending fifth on the NCAA DIII Nationwide Preview Meet; NYU went from No. 26 to No. 20 following a seventh-place effort within the Ladies’s School Brown 6k on the Paul Quick Run; Colorado School went from No. 29 to No. 22 after almost beating NCAA DII No. 1 Adams State on the Ted Castaneda Basic; Emory went from No. 28 to No. 25 after hanging robust within the Ladies’s School Brown 6k on the Paul Quick Run; and St. Lawrence went from No. 35 to No. 31 due to a sixth-place effort within the Mitten State.
Two new groups joined the Nationwide Coaches’ Ballot: No. 27 Case Western Reserve and No. 33 Central (Iowa). That is the primary time since 2009 that the Dutch have been ranked among the many top-35 groups within the nation. Central posted a win on the Aurora Invitational this previous weekend.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, November 19, as a result of that’s when the 2022 NCAA DIII Cross Nation Championships might be held on the Forest Akers Golf Course in East Lansing, Michigan. High athletes and groups from the 2022 season will take the course at 11 am ET.