10/10 BAYLOR (0-0, 0-0 Massive 12) vs. UALBANY (0-0, 0-0 CAA)
Sept. 3, 2022 • 6:00 p.m. CT • Watch: ESPN+ and ESPN App • Hear: ESPN Central Texas & Varsity Community app
Waco, Texas • McLane Stadium (45,140) • Social Media: @BUFootball | #SicEm
WACO, Texas — Coming off the most effective season in class historical past and picked to win the Massive 12 Convention for a second consecutive 12 months, No. 10/10 Baylor soccer will open its 2022 season on Saturday, taking part in host to UAlbany at McLane Stadium. Kickoff is about for six p.m. and will likely be broadcast dwell on ESPN+ and the Baylor Sports activities Community from Learfield.
The sport will likely be broadcast dwell on ESPN+ with Pete Sousa (play-by-play), Chad Brown (analyst) and Shane Sparks (sideline) calling the motion, and will likely be broadcast on the Baylor Sports activities Community from Learfield with John Morris – the Voice of the Bears – on play-by-play and J.J. Joe (analyst) and Ricky Thompson (sideline) on the decision.
Baylor will host the Nice Danes within the first of three non-conference checks to open the 2022 season. BU will host UAlbany on Saturday, earlier than venturing to Provo, Utah, to face No. 25 BYU on Sept. 10, earlier than wrapping up the non-league slate with Texas State on Sept. 17 at McLane Stadium.
The Bears are coming off a historic 12-2 season that noticed BU win the 2021 Massive 12 Championship and the Sugar Bowl and end with a program-best No. 5 nationwide rating.
• Baylor enters the 2022 season coming off the most effective season in class historical past, shattering this system commonplace with 12 wins whereas profitable the 2021 Massive 12 Championship and Sugar Bowl.
• The Bears should substitute six alternatives within the 2022 NFL Draft, together with security Jalen Pitre (second spherical, Texans), broad receiver Tyquan Thornton (second spherical, Patriots), security JT Woods (third spherical, Chargers), linebacker Terrel Bernard (third spherical, Payments), operating again Trestan Ebner (sixth spherical, Bears) and cornerback Kalon Barnes (seventh spherical, Panthers).
• BU is underneath the course of third-year head coach Dave Aranda, the 2021 George Munger and Massive 12 Convention Coach of the Yr. Aranda took over previous to the 2020 season after a historic run for 4 years because the affiliate head coach and defensive coordinator at LSU, serving to the Tigers to the 2019 Nationwide Championship and 2019 Southeastern Convention Championship.
• After being picked to complete eighth within the Massive 12 within the preseason in 2021, the Bears completed the season with the league crown, a school-record 12-2 document, the 2021 Sugar Bowl Championship and a No. 5 nationwide rating – the very best last season rating in program annals. BU enters the season because the preseason choose to win the Massive 12.
• The Bears have been led by a stingy defensive assault in 2021 that held each opponent to 30-points or fewer, one among solely three groups within the nation to perform the feat.
• BU’s offensive assault in 2021 was led by a dashing sport that ranked tenth nationally in yards per sport (219.3) and yards per rush (5.37), whereas Abram Smith set college document for single-season dashing yards (1,621) and 9 100+ yard dashing outings.
• Baylor returns the second-most video games performed amongst its 4 returning beginning offensive linemen within the nation. The Bears are led on the entrance 5 by preseason All-America alternatives in Connnor Galvin and Jacob Gall.
• Defensive lineman Siaki Ika is a preseason All-American by 5 shops, together with Athlon Sports activities, Phil Steele, Related Press, Professional Soccer Community and Choose Six Preview. Ika was the Massive 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Yr in 2021.
• BU’s protection has pressured a turnover in 22-straight video games.
SERIES HISTORY, BAYLOR HISTORY VS. CURRENT FCS TEAMS
• That is the primary assembly for the Bears and UAlbany and can function Baylor’s first assembly in opposition to a FCS since claiming a win over Stephen F. Austin in 2019.
• Baylor is 17-1 all-time in opposition to groups at present forming the FCS ranks, with the lone loss coming in opposition to Villanova in 1941.
• The Bears have confronted Stephen F. Austin 5 occasions – its most video games performed in opposition to present FCS groups – and have confronted Sam Houston 4 occasions.
SCOUTING THE GREAT DANES
• UAlbany is underneath the course of ninth-year head coach Greg Gattuso, a former star defensive lineman for Penn State, the place he helped the Nittany Lions to the 1982 Nationwide Championship. Gattuso led UAlbany to a 9-5 document in 2019 and a berth in its first FCS Playoff Sport, ending with a 6-2 mark within the Colonial Athletic Affiliation. He took over the Nice Danes after three years on the Maryland employees, because the defensive position and assistant head coach.
• The CAA is a conventional energy in FCS with 4 groups ranked, and 6 receiving votes within the preseason AFCA Coaches High-25 Ballot. The Nice Danes are picked to complete twelfth within the CAA and enter the 12 months with a pair of gamers named preseason all-league, together with linebacker Jackson Ambush and punter Tyler Pastula. Defensive lineman Anthony Lang additionally earned honorable point out preseason accolades.
• UAlbany went 2-9 in 2021, profitable two of its final three video games after falling in eight consecutive to open the 12 months, which featured slim losses to ranked FCS groups in No. 5 Villanova and No. 9 Delaware.
• Sophomore QB Joey Carino is the main passer returning after throwing for 530 yards with three TDs and is the main returning rusher with 97 yards on 49 carries. Sophomore WR Roy Alexander caught a team-high 37 passes for 560 yards with three TDs. Sophomore WR Jackson Parker caught 32 balls for 461 yards and a rating. Ambush led the staff with 97 whole tackles and 5 tackles for a loss.
HONORING MR. DAVE
• Dave Campbell, a pioneer in sports activities journalism whose ardour for protection of soccer in any respect ranges reverberates all through Texas, handed away final December on the age of 96 at his residence in Waco. Mr. Dave was an icon within the journalism trade and all through the state and was a fixture locally of Waco. Campbell based and served as editor-in-chief of Dave Campbell’s Texas Soccer journal, was a former president of the Soccer Writers Affiliation of America, was an inductee into the Texas Sports activities Corridor of Fame and served because the longtime sports activities editor of the Waco Tribune-Herald. A local of Waco and a product of La Vega Excessive Faculty, Campbell enrolled at Baylor earlier than being drafted into service in World Warfare II.
• After he returned to Texas, Campbell earned his diploma from Baylor, married his faculty sweetheart Reba, and served as sports activities editor on the Tribune-Herald for 40 years. He based his iconic journal in 1960 and served because the editor-in-chief for the rest of his life. After retiring from the Tribune-Herald in 1993, Campbell took a place with the Baylor Bear Basis and was editor of Dave Campbell’s Baylor Bear Insider for the following 15 years. He was inducted into the Baylor Athletics Corridor of Fame in 2004.
• Baylor is proud to honor Campbell all through the 2022 season, alongside together with his legendary affect on our neighborhood, by reserving his seat within the McLane Stadium Press Field.
NATION’S SECOND-MOST EXPERIENCED O-LINE
• Baylor returns 4 starters on the offensive line and has had 5 gamers return who’ve began at the very least eight video games on the offensive line. This makes the Bears one of many nation’s most skilled offensive strains returning in 2022.
• Solely eight faculties return 5 offensive line starters and 31 faculties have at the very least 4 returning.
• The Bears rank second within the nation with 171 video games performed getting back from their 4 returning starters with 5 BU offensive linemen combining to play in 201 profession video games.
• Solely Wake Forest (172 profession video games performed) has extra returning video games performed amongst its returning starters. Baylor additionally ranks fifth nationally in profession begins returning amongst its starters, behind solely George State (141), Pitt (130), Georgia Southern (127) and UTSA (118).
GRIMES BRINGS RVO TO WACO
• Offensive coordinator Jeff Grimes – coming into his second 12 months at Baylor – has introduced RVO to Waco – “Dependable Violent Offense” – an attacking, multiple-formation offense that runs just a few performs numerous methods with as a lot misdirection as any staff within the nation.
• Baylor’s offense ended the 12 months in 2021 ranked tenth in dashing offense (219.3 yards per sport), nineteenth in fewest interceptions thrown (seven), 14th in fewest sacks allowed (1.29/sport), twentieth in time of possession (31:31) and fortieth in scoring offense (31.6).
• The Bears have elevated their dashing output by 129 yards per sport from 2020 (219.3 ypg, up from 90.3 ypg), with out sacrificing the passing sport (203.4 passing yards per sport in 2021, 219.9 ypg in 2020).
• Grimes’ 2020 BYU offense completed third nationally in scoring (43.5 ppg) and seventh in whole offense (522.2 ypg).
• Becoming a member of Grimes in making the transfer from Provo to Waco in 2021 was offensive line coach Eric Mateos, who spent two seasons at BYU. Mateos’ offensive line ranked eighth nationally in 2020 with 1.0 sacks allowed per sport, and the Bears ranked 14th nationally with just one.29 sacks allowed per sport in 2021.
POTENT GROUND ATTACK FROM 2021
• In 2021, BU led the Massive 12 in dashing offense (219.3 ypg – 9.5 extra per sport than some other staff), yards per rush (5.367) and ranked second in dashing TDs (29).
• With 3,070 dashing yards and 29 dashing TDs, Baylor greater than tripled final season’s numbers.
• Baylor rushed for at the very least one landing and ran for greater than 100 yards in 13 of 14 video games.
• The Bears used a number of operating backs to type the potent dashing assault, together with Abram Smith, who set this system document with 1,621 yards. Trestan Ebner rushed for 799 yards on 148 carries, whereas Taye McWilliams completed with 181 yards on 17 carries.
2021 DEFENSE A STINGY LOT
• The Bears have been boosted to a historic 2021 season behind a stingy defensive assault. Baylor, on common, held opponents to 10.6 factors per sport under their averages in different video games.
BEARS AMONG NATION’S BEST DEFENSES IN 2021
• In 2021, Baylor was one among three applications to restrict each opponent to 30 or fewer factors – Baylor, Cincinnati and Clemson.
• Baylor’s protection led the Massive 12 in turnovers pressured (27), interceptions (19) and fewest passing TDs allowed (13) and ranked second within the league in scoring protection (18.3) and cross effectivity protection (121.5).
FIRST 12-WIN SEASON IN SCHOOL HISTORY
• The Bears set a faculty document with a 12-2 season in 2021, topping the earlier commonplace of 11 wins (11-2 in 2013, 11-2 in 2014, 11-3 in 2019).
• Baylor recorded its seventh 10-win season in program historical past. BU had one 10-win season in this system’s first 109 years (10-2 in 1980) earlier than reaching the 10-win mark in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2019 and 2021.
• The Bears received the 2021 Sugar Bowl and appeared in a bowl for the tenth time in 12 seasons since snapping a 15-year streak with out a bowl bid between the 1994 Alamo Bowl and the 2010 Texas Bowl.
• Baylor’s 10 bowls in 12 years is unprecedented in program historical past. Baylor’s first 10 bowl video games have been over a 33-year span (1948-1980) and its 10 most up-to-date bowls previous to 2010 have been over a 32-year span (1963-1994).
WINNING THE TURNOVER BATTLE
• Baylor has pressured practically twice as many turnovers because it has allowed in 23 video games underneath head coach Dave Aranda.
• BU has 44 takeaways (31 INTs, 13 FR) and solely 24 giveaways (15 INTs, 9 FL) in 23 video games underneath Aranda.
• Baylor has scored eight non-offensive touchdowns in 23 video games underneath Aranda – three kickoff returns (Ebner x 3), 4 interception returns (Pitre x 2, Walcott, Woods) and one fumble return (Woods).
ARANDA IS ONE OF TOP DEFENSIVE MINDS IN COUNTRY
• Third-year head coach Dave Aranda has earned a status as one of many nation’s high defensive minds over his 20-plus-year profession, together with stops as defensive coordinator at LSU, Wisconsin, Utah State and Hawaii.
• Aranda led the LSU protection in 2019 because the Tigers posted an ideal 15-0 document and received the Nationwide Title with a 42-25 victory over Clemson in CFP Nationwide Championship Sport.
• In six seasons as defensive coordinator at Energy 5 faculties from 2014-19, his defenses have been ranked top-12 nationally in whole yards 5 occasions. The models additionally ranked top-10 in scoring 4 occasions in seven years from 2013-19.
SIX BEARS NABBED IN NFL DRAFT
• Baylor tied a program document with six gamers picked within the 2022 NFL Draft, led by 4 top-three spherical alternatives, together with security Jalen Pitre, broad receiver Tyquan Thornton and security JT Woods.
Baylor 2022 NFL Draft Picks
Jalen Pitre, S – Houston Texans (2nd Spherical, thirty seventh general)
Tyquan Thornton, WR – New England Patriots (2nd Spherical, fiftieth general)
JT Woods, S – Los Angeles Chargers (third Spherical, 79th general)
Terrel Bernard, LB – Buffalo Payments (third Spherical, 89th general)
Trestan Ebner, RB – Chicago Bears (sixth Spherical, 203rd general)
Kalon Barnes, CB – Carolina Panthers (seventh Spherical, 242nd general)
BEARS TIED FOR SECOND-MOST WINS IN TEXAS IN LAST 10+ YEARS
• Baylor has received 90 video games since 2011, tied for second-most among the many state of Texas’ 12 FBS groups.
• BU’s 90 wins within the final 10+ years path solely Texas A&M (92), are tied with Houston (90) and lead TCU (85), Texas (78), SMU (65), Texas Tech (63), UTSA (60), North Texas (60), Rice (49), UTEP (38) and Texas State (36).
RANKED IN 10 OF LAST 13 SEASONS
• Baylor is ranked No. 10 within the preseason AP High 25 and Coaches’ Ballot High 25.
• Baylor has now been ranked within the AP High 25 in 10 of 13 seasons since 2010, after going 17 years between nationwide rankings (1993-2010). BU has been ranked in 23 of 25 spots since 2013 (exceptions No. 1 and No. 23).
SHAPEN NAMED QB1
• Baylor sophomore Blake Shapen received the quarterback competitors after a powerful spring observe. The 2021 Massive 12 Championship Most Excellent Participant, Shapen set a Massive 12 Championship and AT&T Stadium (faculty video games) document with 17-straight completions within the first half vs. Oklahoma State.
• Shapen performed in six video games with two begins in 2021 after a redshirt season in 2020, throwing for 596 yards and 5 TDs with out an interception, finishing 72.1 p.c of his makes an attempt.
• A local of Shreveport, La., Shapen got here to Baylor as a two-sport athlete, and was on the baseball 2021 roster after popping out of highschool because the No. 1-ranked highschool shortstop prospect and the fourth-best HS prospect general in Louisiana.
• He prepped at Evangel Christian Academy, the place he was a four-star prospect in line with ESPN and was ranked because the No. 22 QB nationally.
ANTHONY A RARE SEVENTH-YEAR SENIOR
• Baylor quarterback Luke Anthony is a uncommon seventh-year senior who will likely be coming into his last season of collegiate eligibility. Anthony transferred to BU for 2022 after opening his profession at Abilene Christian and Louisiana Tech. He was named the 2020 C-USA Newcomer of the Yr whereas in Ruston, La., the place he spent two seasons after taking part in the 2016-19 seasons at ACU, the place he was a two-year captain and the 2018 Southland Convention Scholar-Athlete of the Yr. He threw for two,525 yards and 17 touchdowns in 2019.
• Anthony is one among 23 student-athletes across the nation who’re in at the very least their seventh 12 months as a collegiate participant. He’s one among 4 Massive 12 Convention student-athletes who’re of their seventh 12 months, together with Will Honas (Kansas State), Monte’ McGary (Kansas) and Colby Reeder (Iowa State).
SIMS A WEAPON AT TIGHT END
• Senior tight finish Ben Sims is without doubt one of the most completed cross catchers in Baylor’s storied historical past. A 6-foot-5, 258-pound product of San Antonio’s Clark Excessive Faculty, Sims ranks because the all-time chief in receiving touchdowns by a good finish with 9. He has 47 catches for 530 yards in his profession, rating fifth amongst Baylor tight ends in catches and yards.
• Sims is a preseason first-team All-Massive 12 choice by Athlon and Phil Steele after an honorable point out season in 2021 as voted on by the league’s coaches and media. He began 13 of 14 video games in 2021 and ranked fourth in receiving yards as a junior.
REPLACING OFFENSIVE SKILL POSITIONS
• A storyline within the preseason coming into 2022 facilities on how the Bears can substitute ability place weapons on the offensive facet. Baylor should substitute its high three rushers from 2021, together with Abram Smith, who totaled a school-record 1,621 yards on the bottom with 12 TDs, and Trestan Ebner, who had 799 yards and two scores on 148 carries. BU additionally misplaced its high two receivers, Tyquan Thornton and R.J. Sneed, who mixed for 108 catches, 1,521 yards and 12 TDs via the air a 12 months in the past.
• A proficient solid of characters sits poised to step up in 2022 to switch productive offensive weapons. At operating again, Taye McWilliams, Qualan Jones and Craig “Sqwirl” Williams are returning weapons, with freshman Richard Reese, broad receiver-turned-tailback Josh Fleeks, and 2021 redshirt Jordan Jenkins able to fill the void.
• At broad receiver, Baylor advantages from the return of sixth-year senior Gavin Holmes, a local of Justin, Texas, who missed the 2021 – and 2018 – seasons because of accidents. Holmes has 46 profession catches – together with 33 in 2020 – as the most efficient returning broad out on the 2022 roster.
• Sophomores Monary Baldwin, Hal Presley and Seth Jones have every earned a high spot on the depth chart heading into the 2022 season. Baldwin had a spotlight of the 2021 season, scampering for a 48-yard TD rush within the Sugar Bowl. Different potential cross catchers out broad options freshman Armani Winfield, sophomore Jonathan Davidson, freshman Jordan Nabors and redshirt freshmen Javon Gipson and Josh Cameron.
McWILLIAMS GETTING HIS CHEESE
• Junior operating again Taye McWilliams ranked fourth on the staff in web dashing yards a 12 months in the past, whereas working every day in a running-back room that was stacked with skills.
• With the depature of Abram Smith – who set this system document with 1,621 dashing yards in 2021 – and Trestan Ebner, McWilliams is poised to steer a bunch that boasts a number of proficient choices.
• McWilliams, a local of Richmond, Texas, rushed 17 occasions for 181 yards a 12 months in the past, good for a ten.6 yard common, with two TDs and a protracted of 44.
• A stalwart for the Baylor protection is senior linebacker Dylan Doyle. A 6-foot-3, 240-pound product of Iowa Metropolis, Iowa, Doyle has been a frontrunner in the course of the Bears protection since transferring from Iowa for the 2020 season. Doyle ranked twentieth within the Massive 12 in tackles per sport as a sophomore earlier than starring in 2021 for a stout defensive unit that ranked among the many tops within the nation.
• Doyle began all 14 video games in 2021 and had 91 tackles, together with 8.5 tackles for a loss. He was a second-team All-Texas Linebacker by Dave Campbell’s Texas Soccer and led the staff in tackles in 5 outings.
• Doyle has performed extra than simply lead the protection over his first two seasons, additionally starring in opposition to BYU with a dashing and receiving TD, including a sack and 4 tackles, because the Bears bested the Cougars.
• He will likely be charged with taking up an enhanced management function in 2022 after the Bears misplaced standout defenders in security Jalen Pitre and linebacker Terrel Bernard to NFL Draft alternatives within the first three rounds.
MATT JONES SHIFTS INSIDE
• With the departure of standout linebacker Terrel Bernard to the NFL, the Bears have shifted versatile junior Matt Jones to the within linebacker function. Considered one among Baylor’s greatest 11 defensive gamers a 12 months in the past, coordinator Ron Roberts discovered a job for Jones, primarily at outdoors linebacker – recognized within the BU system because the “JACK” – in an effort to get Jones on the sphere.
• As a fourth-year participant who has performed in 25 profession video games, Jones’ shift to the within backer comes after he had 52 tackles, together with 7.5 tackles for a loss, beginning 9 video games. He starred in a sport at Oklahoma State in 2021, going for 14 tackles with a pressured fumble.
• Jones, a 6-foot-3, 224-pound native of Odessa, Texas, enters the season as a first-team preseason All-Massive 12 honoree by Phil Steele.
• The within linebacker function is vitally necessary in Coach Dave Aranda and defensive coordinator Ron Roberts‘ system and the return of Jones and Dillon Doyle give the Bears the chance to lean on skilled gamers on the center stage of the protection and frees up the employees to run its impactful multiple-scheme format.
JACKSON HELPS LEAD A STACKED LINEBACKER ROOM
• Along with standouts Dillon Doyle and Matt Jones, the linebacker room can also be led by sixth-year senior Bryson Jackson. A 6-foot-2, 204 pounder out of Mansfield, Texas, Jackson has performed in 35 profession video games with the Bears, proudly owning 5 TFLs and three.5 sacks. He performed in all 14 video games in 2021, after serving as a special-teams weapon in 2019 and 2020.
• Jackson got here to Baylor after incomes all-district honors at Lake Ridge HS in Mansfield. He redshirted the 2017 season and didn’t see motion till taking part in in 13 of 14 video games as a sophomore in 2018.
WALCOTT TO STAR
• One defensive backfield place shift in fall camp has been the transition of senior Al Walcott to the “STAR” place. In Coach Dave Aranda and defensive coordinator Ron Roberts‘ scheme, Walcott could have the chance to play the hybrid place that noticed Jalen Pitre excel and earn Massive 12 Defensive Participant of the Yr honors in 2021.
• A preseason All-Massive 12 fourth-team choice by Athlon, Walcott – a 6-foot-2, 219-pounder – performed nook for his first three years on the Brazos, together with making eight begins in 2021. He had 30 tackles as a junior, and his 96-yard interception return for a TD within the 2021 Sugar Bowl was the second-longest in program historical past.
• Walcott, a local of Wilmington, N.C., joined the Bears after taking part in in 2019 at Butler [Kan.] Group Faculty, the place he helped the squad to a 10-3 document with a 70-tackle and three-interception season.
MILTON, MORGAN TO ANCHOR DB GROUP
• Baylor returns a number of key contributors from its 2021 defensive unit, together with fifth-year seniors in cornerback Mark Milton and security Christian Morgan.
• The 2 defensive stalwarts will likely be anticipated to assist lead a defensive unit that should substitute Jalen Pitre and Terrel Bernard, who’ve graduated on to the NFL.
• Milton, nicknamed “MJ” has performed in 39 video games, together with all 14 in 2021 with a pair of begins. He ranked twelfth on the staff in tackles whereas including a pair of cross break-ups and a fumble restoration.
• Morgan has performed in 45 video games in his profession with 21 begins and enters the season as a preseason All-Massive 12 Third-Crew choice by Phil Steele and a fourth-team honoree by Athlon.
• A local of Houston, Morgan performed in 12 video games with 10 begins as a senior in 2021, pacing the staff with six cross break-ups. He had three interceptions in 2020, beginning all eight video games he noticed motion.
• Baylor boasts a powerful particular groups contingent, together with returning starters at placekicker (Isaiah Hankins), kickoff specialist (Noah Rauschenberg) and punter (Issac Energy). The Bears are deep at kicker, as Hankins returns after going 14 of 20 in field-goal makes an attempt in 2021, whereas additionally drilling 57 of 57 PATs.
• Rauschenberg excelled within the kickoff-specialist function, booting 72 of his 81 kickoffs for a touchback. A complete of 18 of his 33 kickoffs in 2020 went for a touchback and 34 of his 56 kickoffs in 2019 have been a touchback.
• Energy established himself as one of many high punters in faculty soccer in 2021. He had a 44.98 per punt common with 20 downed contained in the 20-yard line and 20 going for 50 or extra yards. Energy averaged 40.35 yards per punt in 2020 with 11 contained in the 20 and 7 going for 50+. In 2019, Energy had a 40.33 common with 23 contained in the 20 and 10 going for 50+.
• Energy, a member of the preseason Ray Man Award Watch Checklist, ranks tenth in Baylor historical past in punts and ninth in punting common, punting yards and punts of at the very least 50 yards.
• BU additionally returns John Mayers, who has made 26 of 34 discipline targets over his four-year profession, proudly owning the highest field-goal proportion (76.5) in Baylor historical past. Mayers has additionally made all 78 of his PATs. Mayers was 10 of 15 in 2020, hitting all seven of his makes an attempt inside 40 yards, and was 16 of 19 in 2019, connecting on a protracted of 51 and 14 of 17 from inside 40 yards.
BAYLOR TIED FOR FOURTH IN NATION IN GRADUATES
• Baylor ranks tied for fourth within the nation with 22 gamers having already earned their undergraduate levels. Solely Nebraska (26), Liberty (23) and Rice (23) had extra graduates in 2022 than the Bears, who ranked tied with six different faculties for fourth.
• The listing of BU graduates consists of Luke Anthony, Jacoby Clarke, Dillon Doyle, Jacob Gall, Connor Galvin, Byron Hanspard Jr., Gavin Holmes, Bryson Jackson, Mose Jeffery, Khalil Keith, Cole Maxwell, John Mayers, Grant Miller, Mark Milton, Christian Morgan, Chidi Ogbonnaya, Jaxon Participant, Issac Energy, Corbin Robertson, Ben Sims, Brayden Utley and Craig Williams.
ONE STANDARD. ONE ACCORD.
• Baylor unveiled a mission assertion underneath Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Mack Rhoades within the fall of 2018, “One Customary. One Accord”, which is centered on the distinct goal of Getting ready Champions for Life via educational achievement, athletic success, non secular progress and character formation.
• Baylor is located on a 1,000-acre campus situated on the Brazos River in Waco, Texas, and was chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas via the efforts of Baptist pioneers. It’s the oldest regularly working college in Texas. Baylor is a R1 Establishment in line with the Carnegie Classification of Establishments of Greater Training
• BU sponsors 19 varsity sports activities as members of the Massive 12 Convention and boasts the 2021 Males’s Basketball Nationwide Champions, the 2005, 2012 and 2019 Ladies’s Basketball Nationwide Champions and the 2004 Males’s Tennis Nationwide Champions, along with 88 Massive 12 Convention Championships within the league’s 25-year historical past.
• The Bears will return to motion on Saturday, Sept. 10, touring to Provo, Utah, to face No. 25 BYU at 9:15 p.m. CT on ESPN and on the Baylor Sports activities Radio Community from Learfield.