- IN WHICH: FirstEnergy Arena (Cleveland, Ohio)
- WHEN: 8:15 p.m. ET|ESPN, ESPN Deportes, NFL+
In an unique Halloween version of Monday Evening Football, we’ll see a competition in between both groups that show up most suitably clothed for the celebration: the orange-clad Cincinnati Bengals and also Cleveland Browns.
After leaving to an unstable 0-2 begin, Cincinnati has actually won 4 of its last 5 video games, with Joe Burrow and also the violation showing up to have actually discovered their stride. This finished in a 35-17 offending surge versus the Falcons last weekend break, which saw the Bengals document over 500 lawns of complete violation, the majority of that with the air.
On the other hand, the Browns have actually diminished after beginning 2-1, shedding their last 4 video games straight. And also the only 2 success they did have mored than the Panthers and also Steelers, both of whom are currently 2-6.
However in spite of the first look, this match might wind up being closer than it views on the surface area. The 3 Bengals losses have actually been by an overall of 8 factors, and also the Browns dropped by much less than a basket in 4 of their 5 losses. On top of that, over the last couple of periods Cleveland has actually controlled its in-state opponent, winning 7 of the last 8 video games and also brushing up the collection in 2020 and also 2021. Bengals QB Joe Burrow has actually never ever defeated the Browns, going 0-3, and also will certainly be aiming to turn around that pattern under the prime-time lights.
Recently’s Monday Evening Football display included a definite trouble by the Bears over the Patriots. Will today do the same with a Browns success, or will the Bengals take residence the W?
Right here are 4 points to look for when the Bengals check out the Browns:
- Will the Bengals look the exact same without Chase? The Bengals had a development efficiency in recently’s thrashing of the Falcons, installing 537 complete lawns, 459 originating from the pass video game. Ja’Marr Chase made up 130 lawns and also 2 TDs in the win, and also leads the group with 605 getting lawns on the period, however the wideout will certainly not be playing Monday. It was exposed today that he’s handling a hip injury that is anticipated maintain him out for several weeks. Without Chase, Cincinnati’s various other pass-catchers will certainly need to comprise the manufacturing, which theoretically should not be excessive of a trouble. Tee Higgins and also Tyler Boyd were rarely missing in recently’s winning initiative, adding 93 and also 155 getting lawns, specifically. Each has actually been a normal factor in the Bengals’ violation this period has actually revealed he can take care of the task of being a No. 1 receiver. Each of them has actually videotaped 1,000+ getting lawns in a period a minimum of when, and also both get on speed to strike that standard once more this year– both have 455 lawns up until now this period. The loss of Chase most definitely hurts, however if Boyd and also Higgins can lead the Bengals’ receivers as they’re anticipated to, there should not be excessive drop-off in manufacturing today.
- Will Chubb remain to bring the Browns violation? The Browns have actually counted on Nick Chubb this period, and also he’s provided with a league-leading 740 hurrying lawns and also 8 goals with 7 weeks. Chubb headings the third-best hurrying violation in the NFL, a team which the Browns require to be solid with the death video game just moderate under back-up QB Jacoby Brissett (22nd in the organization). And also with Cleveland’s No. 2 limited end David Njoku (ankle joint) eliminated today, it’s feasible the Browns will certainly need to count on the go to relocate the round a lot more. Thankfully, Chubb has actually carried out well versus Cincinnati in his profession, as he’s videotaped 4 video games with a minimum of 100 hurrying lawns versus the local opponent. Chubb’s capability to lead drives will certainly be crucial in order to complete versus the Bengals.
- Will Mixon recover versus the Browns? While Cleveland’s major RB has actually led them this period, Cincinnati’s Joe Mixon has actually not discovered the exact same degree of success. Regardless of tape-recording 1,205 hurrying lawns last period, Mixon has actually battled this period, tape-recording just 405 lawns up until now and also falling short to damage 100 in any type of video game. These reduced numbers have actually caused Cincy holding the 28th-ranked hurrying violation and also depending much more on the death video game to rack up factors. While that hasn’t been excessive of a trouble just recently as Burrow and also his receivers have actually depended on the job, it would certainly still be great to see the Joe Mixon of periods past arise quicker instead of later on. Will this be the week it takes place? He’s had large video games versus Cleveland prior to, consisting of a set of 2019 video games with 146 and also 162 lawns. And also the Browns protection has actually rated in the lower 10 versus the thrill this period (949 lawns permitted). Can this be the development week for Mixon, or will we see even more of the exact same for the Bengals running back in one more middling efficiency?
- Can the Cleveland DEs reach Tunnel? Both Jadeveon Clowney and also Myles Garrett are readied to use Monday, and also will certainly be aiming to obtain after Burrow very early and also commonly to restrict his capability to make plays. Both protective ends have actually missed out on time currently with injuries, however with Clowney and also Garrett healthy and balanced today, it’ll be a real examination for the Bengals’ offending line. The Cincinnati O-line was among the group’s largest concerns in its Super Dish run in 2015. To begin the period it showed up points had not boosted a lot– they surrendered 13 sacks over the initial 2 video games– however there’s been a loved one renovation ever since with 12 sacks gave up in the last 5 video games. With several of the significant gamers in the Browns’ second out for Week 8, consisting of cornerback Denzel Ward, entering into the backfield will certainly be critical if they wish to restrict Burrow’s harmful passing capacity. Could the healthy and balanced standing of this effective duo be the game-changer as Cleveland looks for to manage the trouble?