Schedule | Standings | Pac-12 Statistics | NCAA Statistics | Pac-12 Report Ebook
Week 5 Fixtures
- After kicking off league play final week, Pac-12 Males’s Soccer groups return to non-conference competitors with a pivotal seven matches this week.
- On Tuesday, No. 2 WASHINGTON (5-0-1) will face metropolis rival Seattle U for the WAC/101 Membership Cup in a match televised on Pac-12 Community, whereas OREGON STATE (2-2-1) will get a stern street check at No. 11 Denver.
- Saturday night will likely be busy with 4 matches, together with the Pac-12’s top-5 sides happening the street as No. 5 STANFORD (4-0-3) visits UC Santa Barbara and No. 2 Washington travels to Grand Canyon. No. 20 UCLA (4-2-1) will welcome Cal State Fullerton and SAN DIEGO STATE (2-4-2) will host a derby in America’s Most interesting Metropolis with UC San Diego.
- CALIFORNIA (2-2-3) concludes the week on Sunday afternoon by enjoying host to a red-hot Saint Mary’s squad that has gained 4 straight however will likely be on the fifth sport of an eight-match street swing.
Week 4 Outcomes
- UCLA emerged because the early Pac-12 chief after taking 4 factors from its league-opening swing via the Bay Space. The Bruins settled for a scoreless draw at Stanford on Thursday earlier than posting a come-from-behind 2-1 victory at California on Sunday to return away with an unbeaten Bay Space journey for the primary time since 2013.
- Stanford did not handle a purpose, but additionally did not give up any in its league openers towards UCLA and San Diego State to maintain its unbeaten report intact. The Cardinal have allowed simply two targets to this point this season, tied for the third-fewest in NCAA Division I. For the Aztecs, the scoreless draw with Stanford marked their third end result (1-0-2) towards a top-10 facet prior to now 5 matches.
- California ran its unbeaten streak to 5 matches with a 2-0 blanking of San Diego State in final Thursday’s league opener, however noticed the streak halted with Saturday’s one-goal loss to UCLA.
- Washington prolonged its common season non-conference unbeaten streak to twenty straight matches (19-0-1) with Friday’s 4-1 rout of Michigan State, a match the Huskies trailed inside the primary minute earlier than responding with 4 unanswered targets.
- Oregon State obtained into the win column for the primary time in 4 matches with a 1-0 shutout of Seattle U on Friday. Dante Williams scored 15 seconds earlier than intermission to elevate the Beavers.
- The Pac-12 boasts no less than three nationally ranked groups for the seventh consecutive United Soccer Coaches ballot (relationship again to 2021 season) in No. 2 Washington, No. 5t Stanford and No. 20 UCLA. The three nationally ranked sides trails solely the ACC’s six.
- Washington climbed two spots to No. 2 for its thirty seventh consecutive top-10 ballot look, a streak relationship to Sept. 24, 2019.
- UCLA jumped 5 spots and returned to the highest 20 for the third week this season due to its unbeaten Bay Space street journey.
Within the Non-Convention
- With final week’s victories by Oregon State and Washington, the Pac-12 improved to a collective 17-8-7 (.641) in non-conference motion.
- The Pac-12’s .641 non-league win share trails solely the ACC (.736) amongst NCAA Division I conferences.
- The 17-8-7 mark consists of an 8-2-3 report towards leagues based mostly within the jap half of the nation, 3-1-3 towards groups from the ACC, Huge East and Huge Ten.
- Washington and Stanford are amongst 21 unbeaten groups remaining in NCAA Division I.
- Washington’s Ilijah Paul collected his second Pac-12 Participant of the Week honor in three weeks after netting a brace within the 4-1 victory over Michigan State. Paul enters the week tied for the NCAA Division I lead with seven targets, and ranks second nationally with 15 factors.
- UW’s Chris Meyers has offered an help in 5-of-6 matches this season, main the Pac-12 and rating top-10 nationally with 5 whole assists, whereas Husky teammate Lucas Meek is using a four-match point-scored streak, together with three factors (1g/1a) within the Michigan State victory, to path solely Paul within the Pac-12 with 9 factors (3g/3a).
- Defender Tommy Silva had an enormous week for UCLA, serving to the Bruins clean Stanford and meting out each assists through corner-kick companies within the 2-1 comeback win at Cal to earn a spot on the Faculty Soccer Information Nationwide Group of the Week.
- The Stanford backline allowed simply 5 whole pictures, and just one on purpose, in final week’s league matches towards UCLA and San Diego State. By way of seven matches this season, defenders Noah Adnan, Will Cleary, Keegan Hughes and Will Reilly have allowed solely 50 pictures with simply 16 reaching goal, serving to goalkeeper Matt Frank and the Cardinal to 5 clear sheets and the nation’s third-lowest goals-against common (0.29 GAA).
- San Diego State goalkeeper Jacob Castro recorded a career-high and Pac-12 single-game excessive this season with eight saves in preserving the scoreless draw at Stanford. The Convention’s saves chief (27), Castro has amassed 20 saves during the last 5 matches to assist the Aztecs to a 2-1-2 mark throughout that span.
Nationwide Groups/Gamers of Week
Faculty Soccer Information Nationwide Groups of the Week
Aug. 29 – Christian Soto, Washington
Sept. 5 – Riley Ferch, UCLA; Ilijah Paul, Washington
Sept. 12 – Elias Katsaros, San Diego State
Sept. 19 – Tommy Silva, UCLA
Prime Drawer Soccer Nationwide Group of the Week
Aug. 30 – Tommy Silva, UCLA
Sept. 6 – Riley Ferch, UCLA; Ilijah Paul, Washington (POTW)
Sept. 13 – Elias Katsaros, San Diego State
United Soccer Coaches Nationwide Participant of the Week
Sept. 7 – Ilijah Paul, Washington
Sept. 14 – Elias Katsaros, San Diego State
Notes and Nuggets
- The Pac-12 despatched three groups – Oregon State, Washington, UCLA – to the 2021 NCAA Match, marking the sixth consecutive 12 months and eighth time prior to now 9 seasons the league superior no less than three groups to the postseason.
- The nation’s high RPI convention in 2021 additionally had the nation’s high two groups within the RPI (#1 Washington, #2 Oregon State) and the highest two seeds within the NCAA Match (#1 Oregon State, #2 Washington). It was the second time in Convention historical past the Pac-12 had the NCAA Match’s high two total nationwide seeds together with 2013 (#1 UCLA, #2 California). The Pac-12 and ACC (9 instances since seeding started in 1994) are the one leagues to have the highest two total nationwide seeds.
- Over the previous 9 years, Pac-12 males’s soccer has earned 31 out of a attainable 54 NCAA Match bids throughout its six members, a 57 p.c success price bettered solely by the 12-team ACC (65%, 70-108).
- The six-team Pac-12 has had a Faculty Cup consultant in six of the final eight seasons (UCLA 2014; Stanford 2015-17, 2019; Washington 2021). Solely the 12-team ACC has had extra whole appearances (12) than the Pac-12’s six over that span.
- The Pac-12 boasts two of the highest seven (Jeremy Gunn, Jamie Clark) winningest lively coaches by share in NCAA Division I, whereas a 3rd is a two-time Pac-12 Coach of the Yr (Terry Boss).
- The Pac-12 has produced three of the final eight MAC Hermann Trophy winners – Oregon State’s Gloire Amanda (2020), Stanford’s Jordan Morris (2015) and UCLA’s Leo Stolz (2014) – in addition to six finalists prior to now 9 years (2021 Dylan Teves, WASH; 2017 Tomas Hilliard-Arce, STAN; 2013 Leo Stolz, UCLA).
- The Pac-12 has produced 20 First Group All-People within the 9 seasons since 2013 after amassing solely 15 from 2000-2012.
- Since increasing past two rounds in 2014, 72 Pac-12 student-athletes have been chosen within the MLS SuperDraft, together with 4 years of double-digit alternatives (2014, 2015, 2019, 2022).