The primary indicators of the 2022 season are occurring. At this time, for example, the group launched their first depth chart of the season. Right here it’s:
Purchase Raiders Tickets
— Levi Damien (@LeviDamien) September 6, 2022
1. John Simpson listed as starter at left guard with rookie Dylan Parham because the backup. Who would begin at that left guard spot between the 2 of them was a bit up within the air and for a time it appeared as if Parham might have earned the job. We’ll see if Simpson can play nicely sufficient to carry him off.
2. Although Parham is simply listed at left guard, he’s additionally the backup middle and possibly the backup proper guard as nicely. He’s the utility reserve inside offensive lineman.
3. Jermaine Eluemunor is beginning at proper deal with. It appeared like he had received the proper deal with job within the preseason, however rookie seventh spherical choose Thayer Munford additionally made a push for the job. Anticipate Eluemunor to even be the swing deal with if wanted.
4. Brandon Bolden is the subsequent man up at working again behind Josh Jacobs. The veteran comes over from the Patriots the place he spent eight years in Josh McDaniels’s offense.
5. Clelin Ferrell is listed because the backup, forward of Malcolm Koonce, behind starter Chandler Jones. This regardless of Koonce showing more practical than Ferrell final season in addition to this preseason.
6. Andrew Billings is listed because the starter alongside Bilal Nichols. By way of a lot of the offseason, it was Johnathan Hankins who appeared like the favourite for the nostril deal with spot. Little doubt he’ll rotate in a lot.
7. The lineup is listed like a 4-3 base, with two DE’s, two DT’s, and three LB’s. Although that may doubtless change loads throughout recreation motion.
8. With simply two cornerbacks listed as starters, it’s former nickel cornerback Nate Hobbs who will get the nod because the starter throughout from Rock Ya-Sin. This could recommend that when the Raiders area simply two corners, Hobbs would line up on the skin, versus his 2021 house within the slot.
9. Newcomer Ameer Abdullah is listed as the first kick returner. That will increase his worth being that his worth on offense is meant to lie principally as a receiver out of the backfield.
10. Regardless of the preseason emergence of DJ Turner, Hunter Renfrow continues to be listed as the first punt returner. Many had hoped Renfrow can be relieved of his punt return duties — thus reducing the potential of damage — attributable to his appreciable duties on offense as a Professional Bowl slot receiver.