Regulated data – 29 August 2022 – 08:00
In the course of the first half of 2022, Campine realised a turnover of 155.6 mio €, which is a rise of 46% in comparison with the primary semester of 2021. The EBITDA amounted to 13.5 mio €, which is once more a report end result for Campine for the primary six months of the yr.
The 46% enhance in income is nearly fully attributable to the rise in metallic costs, whereas gross sales volumes had been solely barely increased. “Because of the continued excessive demand for our merchandise and the rising revenue contribution from the latest investments we proceed our robust efficiency,” explains CEO De Vos. “The second half of the yr will likely be harder, however we could already anticipate a optimistic impact from our acquisition in France,” provides De Vos.
Early July, Campine acquired chosen property of two battery recycling crops and the plastics recycling firm C2P within the context of the insolvency proceedings opened for the French listed Recylex. “Because of the deal construction we had been in a position to go away numerous dangers and liabilities inside Recylex and neither did we take over the associated overhead organisation. In consequence now we have to construct many programs from scratch, however this forces us to dive instantly into the small print of the enterprise processes, an enormous benefit!” concludes De Vos.
Outcomes per division/phase
Specialty Chemical substances division
Market and Operations
- The turnover of the Specialty Chemical substances division elevated to 75.4 mio € (a rise of 60% in comparison with 2021).
- The EBITDA remained nearly related at 6.2 mio € (2021: 6.3 mio €).
- The 60% enhance in turnover is principally as a consequence of increased uncooked materials costs, and elevated transport and vitality prices, which along with excessive inflation had been handed on within the gross sales costs. Antimony metallic costs reached a mean of practically $14,000/ton within the first semester of the yr, in comparison with lower than $10,000/ton a yr earlier.
- The Plastics Masterbatch Exercise, which produces specialised flame-retardant compounds for plastics and textiles, is more and more contributing to earnings, due to a sequence of operational enhancements and the enlargement into PVC mixtures, which begins working at increased volumes.
- The problem stays to seek out adequate uncooked supplies and get them on time.
Metals Recycling division
Market and Operations
- Gross sales turnover rose to 94.2 mio € (+36% in comparison with 2021).
- The EBITDA elevated to 7.3 mio € in comparison with 4.6 mio € in 2021.
- The 36% enhance in turnover can also be largely attributable to increased metallic costs: LME lead metallic price a mean of approx. 2,070 €/ton within the first half of the yr, whereas this was solely approx. 1,720 €/ton a yr earlier. The excessive inflation can also be right here handed on within the gross sales premiums, though with a sure delay.
- The technical issues, which restricted the output of the lead blast furnace in 2021, have been solved, bringing whole gross sales volumes to roughly 36,600 tons, which is 8% greater than final yr.
Campine is once more anticipating a very good end result for 2022. Relying on the metallic worth evolution, the same end result to 2021 is anticipated for the Beerse web site. This doesn’t have in mind the outcomes of the brand new Campine France within the 2nd half of the yr and attainable non-recurring prices or revenues ensuing from the acquisition on 7 July 2022 of the ex-Recylex websites by Campine.
Within the Specialty Chemical substances division, stress on margins is anticipated within the second semester of the yr. Market demand is weakening, additionally as a result of sure prospects at the moment are doubtless lowering a part of their security inventory, which was beforehand constructed up for worry of shortages. The antimony worth additionally reveals a slight downward pattern.
The value of lead on the London Steel Trade rose once more throughout the summer season. Within the Metals Recycling division demand stays good, however Campine, like many corporations, is scuffling with personnel shortages, which can have an effect on output volumes.
The total pressrelease and interim monetary report will be present in annex and on our web site.
This data can also be obtainable in Dutch and French. Solely the Dutch model is the official model. The English and French model are a translation of the unique Dutch model.
For additional data you’ll be able to contact Karin Leysen (tel. no +32 14 60 15 49)
(e-mail: [email protected]).