Tiger Woods bested Rory McIlroy to win the PGA Excursion’s Gamer Influence Program for the 2nd straight period, Golf.com reported Tuesday. Right here’s what you require to recognize:
- Woods will certainly take residence a $15 million reward many thanks to the program that awards golf players for their appeal. McIlroy obtains $12 million for being available in 2nd.
- The total perk swimming pool raised to $100 million throughout 20 gamers this period from $50 million in the program’s very first year.
- The PIP was computed making use of metrics tracking 5 standards– net searches, made media (newspaper article discussing a gamer’s name), social networks, television enroller direct exposure as well as basic understanding– however the formula is readied to transform following year.
The program was developed as an incentive device for leading gamers to make even more based upon their play as well as off-course dimensions like social networks ratings. Yet Woods formerly won it with absolutely no 2021 PGA Excursion begins. It additionally really did not function as a deterrent for gamers endangering to sign up with competing circuits: Fifty percent the leading 10 golf players from in 2014 currently bet LIV Golf, consisting of Phil Mickelson, that ended up second in 2021.
Woods ended up 229th in the FedExCup positions this period. He was 47th at The Masters– his very first main event considering that enduring extreme leg injuries in a 2021 single-car collision– missed out on the cut at The Open Champion as well as took out from the PGA Champion after the 3rd round.
In its brand-new type, component of the sweeping PGA Excursion modifications introduced for 2023, the PIP will certainly not utilize social networks get to as component of the formula. According to Golf.com, 3 gamers that did not receive an incentive under the 2022 standards however would certainly have under the brand-new standards will certainly obtain still bonus offers: Hideki Matsuyama, Cameron Youthful as well as Sam Burns will certainly each obtain $2 million, the like the 2022 No. 16-20 finishers.
Just how will the 2023 modifications influence the rankings?
Modifications involving the PIP program in 2023 must supply even more quality to the outcomes. Social media site as a pen has actually constantly been dirty as well as developed abnormalities.
Those modifications, however, possibly will not reduce Woods’ understanding. Along with being by far one of the most well-known person in the video game, he’s most likely to proceed playing periodically in 2023. He’s currently devoted to play in the Hero Globe Difficulty in the Bahamas, which occurs from Dec. 1-4. As long as he’s reasonably noticeable, Woods will certainly remain to control the PIP. Actually, he might remain in the darkness as well as possibly still win in a waltz.
This year’s PIP program is currently underway, having actually started in October. The brand-new score will certainly utilize “General Populace Understanding” as well as “Golf Follower Understanding” to change Q-rating as well as social networks.
LIV defectors such as Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka as well as Bubba Watson would certainly’ve all most likely landed in the PIP leading 20, however are no more qualified.– Quinn
Complete 2022 PIP positions as well as payments
- Woods ($ 15 million)
- McIlroy ($ 12 million)
- Jordan Spieth ($ 9 million)
- Justin Thomas ($ 7.5 million)
- Jon Rahm ($ 6 million)
- Scottie Scheffler ($ 5.5 million)
- Xander Schauffele ($ 5 million)
- Matt Fitzpatrick ($ 5 million)
- Will Certainly Zalatoris ($ 5 million)
- Tony Finau ($ 5 million)
- Collin Morikawa ($ 3 million)
- Shane Lowry ($ 3 million)
- Kevin Kisner ($ 3 million)
- Max Homa ($ 3 million)
- Billy Horschel ($ 3 million)
- Rickie Fowler ($ 2 million)
- Adam Scott ($ 2 million)
- Jason Day ($ 2 million)
- Patrick Cantlay ($ 2 million)
- Viktor Hovland ($ 2 million)
- Matsuyama ($ 2 million)– would certainly have placed 11th with brand-new standards
- Youthful ($ 2 million)– would certainly have placed 15th
- Burns ($ 2 million)– would certainly have placed 20th
Called for analysis
( Image: Michael Madrid/ U.S.A. Today)