2022 FINA SHORT PROGRAM GLOBE CHAMPIONS
Day 5 Prelims Warm Sheets
Female’s 4 × 50 Assortment Relay Lineups
Male’s 4 × 50m Assortment Relay Lineups
Day 5 of the 2022 Brief Training course Globe Championships includes prelims of the 4 × 50 assortment relays, 400 IM, 100 butterfly, as well as 50 breaststroke.
In the initial ladies’s 4 × 50 assortment relay warmth, a face-off is making in between the American quartet of Alex Walsh, Annie Lazor, Erika Brown as well as Natalie Hinds as well as the Australian group of Kaylee McKeown, Jenna Strauch, Emma McKeon, as well as Madison Wilson
Globe document owner Daiya Seto is aiming to make it 6 straight short-course globe titles in the 400 IM with a win tonight.
Top-seeded Lithuanian Ruta Meilutyte will certainly be intending to get better in the 50 bust today after obtaining invalidated from Thursday’s 100 bust last for a dual dolphin start her beginning.
Remain tuned for online updates listed below:
FEMALE’S 4 × 50 ASSORTMENT RELAY
- Globe Document: 1:42.38– USA, 2018/Sweden, 2021
- Champion Document: 1:42.38– USA, 2018/Sweden, 2021
- 2021 Champ: 1:42.38– Sweden
- Australia– 1:44.78
- Sweden– 1:44.83
- France– 1:44.86
- Japan– 1:45.41
- Netherlands– 1:46.06
- Canada– 1:46.16
- USA– 1:46.58
- Czech Republic– 1:46.73
Star-studded Australia (1:44.78), safeguarding champ Sweden (1:44.83), as well as dark equine France (1:44.86) blazed a trail throughout both early morning heats up as the only 3 groups under 1:45.
Australia’s Kaylee McKeown had the fastest leadoff on the backstroke leg with a split of 26.42, simply in advance of Sweden’s Hanna Rosvall. Japan’s Reona Aoki (29.38) had the quickest breaststroke split, Sweden’s Sara Junevik ( Sarah Sjostrom‘s substitute) had the fastest butterfly split at 24.42, as well as Australia’s Madison Wilson blazed the quickest support leg with a split of 23.36.
The united state ladies experienced a little bit of a scare when Alex Walsh slid on her backstroke beginning as well as placed them in a very early opening, yet they rallied simply sufficient to creep right into tonight’s last as the No. 7 seed. Walsh divided 27.18 on the opener, Annie Lazor clocked a 30.14 on the breaststroke leg, Erika Brown uploaded a 25.17 butterfly, as well as Natalie Hinds brought them house with a 24.09 freestyle support.
MALE’S 4 × 50 ASSORTMENT RELAY
- Globe Document: 1:30.14– Italy, 2021
- Champion Document: 1:30.51– Brazil, 2014/RSF, 2021
- 2021 Champ: 1:30.51– RSF
- Italy– 1:32.31
- France– 1:32.53
- Germany– 1:32.56
- Japan– 1:32.65
- USA– 1:32.67
- Netherlands– 1:33.20
- Australia– 1:33.25
- China– 1:34.25
Tonight’s last ought to be a thriller as 5 groups were divided by simply a couple of tenths of a 2nd throughout the males’s 4 × 50 assortment relay heats up.
Thomas Ceccon was the difference-maker for top-seeded Italy, publishing the only sub-22 fly split in the area (21.80) to assist his country resist France as well as Italy. France’s Florent Manaudou (20.73) bordered Italy’s Alessandro Miressi (20.84) on the freestyle support, yet Ceccon’s huge split on the previous leg offered Italy sufficient of a padding to take out the triumph in prelims.
The American quartet of Seeker Armstrong (23.34 ), Nic Fink (25.60 ), Trenton Julian (22.39 ), Kieran Smith (21.34) certified 5th in a consolidated time of 1:32.67, simply 2 one-hundredths of a 2nd behind fourth-seeded Japan (1:32.65).
Australia’s Isaac Cooper tossed down the fastest backstroke leadoff in the area with a 22.95, the only sub-23 split in the area. Cooper’s swim is simply off his globe junior document from previously today.
FEMALE’S 400 IM– Prelims
- Globe Document: 4:18.94– Mireia Belmonte (ESP), 2017
- Globe Junior Document: 4:21.49, Summertime McIntosh (CANISTER), 2022
- Champion Document: 4:19.86, Mireia Belmonte (ESP), 2014
- 2021 Champ: 4:25.55, Tessa Ciepulcha (CANISTER)
- Leah Smith (U.S.A.)– 4:30.93
- Sara Franceschi (ITA)– 4:31.01
- Waka Kobori (JPN)– 4:31.19
- Zsuzsanna Jakabos (HUN)– 4:31.36
- Hali Flickinger (U.S.A.)– 4:31.61
- Ilaria Cusinato (ITA)– 4:32.94
- Tessa Cieplucha (CANISTER)– 4:33.58
- Cyrielle Duhamel (FRA)– 4:34.03
Leah Smith cut virtually 2 secs off her life time best from the 2018 FINA Globe Mug (4:32.84) to safeguard the front runner in the ladies’s 400 IM prelims. The 27-year-old American clocked a 4:30.93, much less than a tenth of a 2nd in advance of Italy’s Sara Franceschi (4:31.01).
Both Franceschi as well as No. 3 seed Waka Kobori of Japan were much less than a 2nd off their individual bests today. No. 4 seed Zsuzsanna Jakabos of Hungary as well as 28-year-old American Hali Flickinger can be conserving some additional power in the storage tank for tonight as their individual bests are both in the 4:25- array. Tonight’s last can be a limited five-way fight.
MALE’S 400 IM– Prelims
- Globe Document: 3:54.81– Daiya Seto (JPN), 2019
- Globe Junior Document: 3:56.47, Ilya Borodin (RSF), 2021
- Champion Document: 3:55.50, Ryan Lochte (U.S.A.), 2010
- 2021 Champ: 3:56.26, Daiya Seto (JPN)
- Daiya Seto (JPN)– 4:00.35
- Carson Foster (U.S.A.)– 4:01.34
- Matthew Sates (RSA)– 4:02.18
- Jake Foster (U.S.A.)– 4:02.64
- David Schlicht (AUS)– 4:02.85
- So Ogata (JPN)– 4:03.29
- Alberto Razetti (ITA)– 4:04.32
- Richard Nagy (SVK)– 4:06.26
Daiya Seto‘s pursuit for 6 successive SCM globe titles in this occasion began on a great note as the 28-year-old led the heats up with a 4:00.35. As the proprietor of the globe document (3:54.81), however, he can go a great deal quicker.
Carson Foster ended up much less than a 2nd behind Seto, likewise well off his individual finest of 3:57.99 from in 2015’s Brief Training course Worlds.
Matthew Sates certified 3rd, simply a pair tenths off his individual finest of 4:01.98 from the 2021 FINA Globe Mug. Carson’s older sibling, Jake, asserted the 4th seed behind Sates with a massive swim of 4:02.64. Australia’s David Schlicht was the only various other swimmer sub-4:03 in the heats up.
FEMALE’S 100 BUTTERFLY– Prelims
- Globe Document: 54.59, Kelsi Dahlia (U.S.A.), 2021
- Globe Junior Document: 55.39, Claire Curzan (U.S.A.), 2021
- Champion Document: 54.61, Sarah Sjostrom (SWE), 2014
- 2021 Champ: 55.04, Maggie MacNeil (CANISTER)
- Louise Hansson (SWE)– 55.74
- Torri Huske (U.S.A.)– 56.01
- Alexandria Perkins (AUS)– 56.46
- Maggie MacNeil (CANISTER)– 56.53
- Angelina Kohler (GER)– 56.56
- Maaike de Waard (NED)– 56.67
- Ai Soma (JPN)– 56.72
- Katerine Savard (CANISTER)– 56.85
- Lana Pudar (BIH)– 56.89
- Claire Curzan (U.S.A.)– 56.90
- Helena Bach (DEN)– 57.15
- Moe Tsuda (JPN)– 57.22
- Seoyeong Kim (KOR)– 57.26
- Giovanna Tomanik Sequin (BRA)– 57.70
- Helena Gasson (NZL)– 57.51
- Brittany Castelluzzo (AUS)– 57.85 (connection)
- Laura Lahtinen (FIN)– 57.85 (connection)
Torri Huske flew bent on a 25.50 mark at the midway factor of this race, yet Louise Hansson captured her down the stretch as Swedish expert out-split the existing LCM globe champ 14.85 to 15.66 on the last size of the swimming pool. At 55.74, Hansson was the only swimmer sub-56 in prelims, getting to the wall surface simply.72 secs off her life time best from October.
The leading 3 qualifiers (Hansson, Huske, as well as Alexandria Perkins) all originated from the 3rd warmth while Canada’s Maggie MacNeil won the 4th warmth in 56.53. 7 swimmers were divided by much less than a 2nd in prelims.
There will certainly be a swim-off in between Australia’s Brittany Castelluzzo as well as Finland’s Laura Lahtinen to figure out the last area in tonight’s semifinal.
MALE’S 100 BUTTERFLY– Prelims
- Globe Document: 47.78, Caeleb Dressel (U.S.A.), 2020
- Globe Junior Document: 49.53, Li Zhuhao (CHN), 2017
- Champion Document: 48.08, Chad Le Clos (RSA), 2016
- 2021 Champ: 48.87, Matteo Rivolta (ITA)
- Noe Ponti (SUI)– 48.81
- Matteo Rivolta (ITA)– 49.43
- Youssef Ramadan (EGY)– 49.64
- Ilya Kharun (CANISTER)– 49.66
- Matthew Holy Place (AUS)– 49.85
- Chad le Clos (RSA)– 49.88
- Marius Kusch (GER)– 49.89
- Simon Bucher (AUT)– 50.06
- Yuya Sakamoto (JPN)– 50.09
- Yuya Tanaka (JPN)– 50.22
- Jakub Majerski (POL)– 50.30
- Jan Sefl (CZE)– 50.44
- Shaun Champ (AUS)– 50.54
- Daniel Zaitsev (EST)– 50.55
- Nyls Korstanje (NED)– 50.59
- Adilibek Mussin (KAZ)– 50.64
Climbing Swiss celebrity Noe Ponti was the only swimmer sub-49 in the 100 fly prelims, decreasing his individual finest from October (49.38 ). Italy’s Matteo Rivolta certified 2nd with a 49.43 in advance of 20-year-old Egyptian Youssef Ramadan (49.64 ), that was simply a tenth of a 2nd off his nationwide document.
17-year-old Ilya Kharun tossed down a massive swim, decreasing his Canadian document to 49.66 as well as coming practically a tenth of a 2nd reluctant of the globe junior document (49.53) from 2017.
The united state really did not place any type of swimmers in the semifinal after Shaine Casas scraped as well as Michael Andrew rated 30th general, positioning 7th in the 5th warmth with a 51.93.
FEMALE’S 50 BREASTSTROKE– Prelims
- Globe Document: 28.56, Alia Atkinson (JAM), 2018
- Globe Junior Document: 28.81, Benedetta Pilato (ITA), 2020
- Champion Document: 28.81, Ruta Meilutyte (LTU), 2014
- 2021 Champ: 29.34, Anastasia Gorbenko (ISR)
MALE’S 50 BREASTSTROKE– Prelims
- Globe Document: 24.95, Emri Sakci (TUR), 2021
- Globe Junior Document: 25.85, Simone Cerasuolo (ITA), 2021
- Champion Document: 25.41, Cameron van der Burgh (RSA), 2018
- 2021 Champ: 25.53, Nic Fink (U.S.A.)