With one matchday remaining within the Liga MX Apertura 2022 common season there may be a lot left to be determined earlier than the liguilla playoffs start Oct. 8.
The most important stakes are within the battle for the final obtainable bye to the quarterfinals (between Santos Laguna and Tigres UANL). Additionally, the final two spots within the playoffs are up for grabs with 5 groups nonetheless within the hunt.
However the groups which have already clinched playoff spots additionally must win to make sure the best potential seeding, which determines playoff opponents and/or whether or not golf equipment get to host a first-round match. The upper a membership finishes, the extra favorable matchups on paper await.
Here is a breakdown of what is at stake between Friday and Sunday within the remaining matchday of the Liga MX common season:
- Fourth place (and a first-round bye): Santos Laguna presently occupy fourth place, however Tigres UANL are simply three factors behind. Santos can clinch with a win or draw at house on Sunday, however they’re going to be internet hosting a Mazatlan workforce that might have a lot to play for.
- Final two spots within the play-in spherical (repechaje): 5 golf equipment — Necaxa, Atletico San Luis, Mazatlan, Juarez, Tijuana — are vying for a berth. Necaxa and San Luis begin the weekend within the driver’s seat: Win they usually’re in. Juarez’s Friday victory places on the strain.
- Seeding: Many of the playoff seeds are up for grabs. The No. 1 seed was formally locked up by Membership America after they gained their finale. Which means Las Aguilas will host the second leg of every liguilla sequence they’re a part of, they usually declare any tiebreakers within the quarterfinals and semifinals.
MORE: All-time checklist of Liga MX champions
Liga MX 2022 schedule (Matchday 17)
Here is the schedule of matches for the ultimate regular-season matchday:
|Date||Match||Time (ET)||TV Channels||Streaming|
|Fri., Sept. 30||Puebla 1, Membership America 2||HIGHLIGHTS|
|Fri., Sept. 30||FC Juarez 3, Pumas UNAM 1||HIGHLIGHTS|
|Sat., Oct. 1||San Luis vs. Tigres UANL||6 p.m.||—||ViX+|
|Sat., Oct. 1||Monterrey vs. Pachuca||6 p.m.||ESPN Deportes||fuboTV|
|Sat., Oct. 1||Atlas vs. Necaxa||8 p.m.||Univision, TUDN||fuboTV, ViX+|
|Sat., Oct. 1||Cruz Azul vs. Chivas||10 p.m.||Univision, TUDN||fuboTV, ViX+|
|Solar., Oct. 2||Toluca vs. Queretaro||1 p.m.||Univision, TUDN||fuboTV, ViX+|
|Solar., Oct. 2||Santos Laguna vs. Mazatlan||7 p.m.||Fox Deportes||fuboTV|
|Solar., Oct. 2||Membership Leon vs. Tijuana||9 p.m.||TUDN||fuboTV|
Liga MX Apertura 2022 desk
The standings under are based mostly on factors collected through the 17 video games of the common season: three factors for a win, one for a draw, none for a loss.
If groups are tied on factors, the primary tiebreakers are purpose distinction after which objectives scored (if crucial). The total checklist of tiebreakers is printed within the official guidelines (Web page 9).
Up to date as of Oct. 1, 2022
|13.||Atl. San Luis||18||16||4||6||6||15||20||-5|
(PTS=Factors. GP=Video games Performed. W=Wins. D=Attracts. L=Losses. GF=Objectives for. GA=Objectives in opposition to. GD=Purpose Distinction.)
- X = Certified for quarterfinals
- Y = Certified for play-in (repechaje)
- E = Eradicated
How Liga MX Liguilla 2022 works
Twelve groups make the playoffs, with the highest 4 seeds advancing on to the quarterfinals. The opposite eight groups play a single-elimination play-in spherical (the Repechaje in Spanish). If there’s a draw after 90 minutes, the groups go on to a penalty shootout.
The 4 groups that survive the play-in spherical will face the highest 4 seeds within the quarterfinals. These matchups are performed over two legs, as is the remainder of the playoffs, together with the ultimate.
The workforce that scores essentially the most objectives over the 2 legs advances. If groups are stage on whole objectives after the second leg, the upper seed advances within the quarters and semis. That rule disappears for the ultimate. Further time and penalties (if crucial) could be used to find out a champion within the remaining.
- Play-in matches (Repechaje): Oct. 8-9 (single elimination)
- Quarterfinals: Oct. 12-13 (First leg) & Oct. 15-16 (Second leg)
- Semifinals: Oct. 19-20 (First leg) & Oct. 22-23 (Second leg)
- Last: Oct. 27 (First leg) & Oct. 30 (Second leg)
Play-In matches (Repechaje)
|Sat./Solar., Oct. 8/9||No. 5 vs. No. 12||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
|Sat./Solar., Oct. 8/9||No. 6 vs. No. 11||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
|Sat./Solar., Oct. 8/9||No. 7 vs. No. 10||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
|Sat./Solar., Oct. 8/9||No. 8 vs. No. 9||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
Quarterfinals (First leg)
|Wed./Thu., Oct. 12/13||TBD vs. Membership America||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
|Wed./Thu., Oct. 12/13||TBD vs. No. 2||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
|Wed./Thu., Oct. 12/13||TBD vs. No. 3||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
|Wed./Thu., Oct. 12/13||TBD vs. No. 4||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
Quarterfinals (Second leg)
|Date||Match||Time (ET)||TV Channels||Streaming|
|Sat./Solar., Oct. 15/16||Membership America vs. TBD||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
|Sat./Solar., Oct. 15/16||No. 2 vs. TBD||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
|Sat./Solar., Oct. 15/16||No. 3 vs. TBD||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
|Sat./Solar., Oct. 15/16||No. 4 vs. TBD||TBD||TBD||fuboTV|
Liga MX TV channels, reside streams within the USA
- TV channels: Univision, TUDN, UniMas, Telemundo, Universo, ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes
- Reside streaming: fuboTV, ViX, ViX+, ESPN+, ESPN App, TelemundoDeportes.com, Fox Deportes app
The Liga MX 2022 Apertura season is carried by 4 main U.S. broadcast shops: the Univision household of networks (together with Univision, TUDN and UniMas), ESPN Deportes, Telemundo/Universo and Fox Deportes.
All these Spanish-language channels may be streamed on fuboTV, which gives a free trial.
Most matches may also be streamed with person authentication on the varied alternate platforms provided by the networks: ViX+, TUDN.television, TelemundoDeportes.com, and the apps for Telemundo Deportes, ESPN, TUDN and Fox Deportes.