BRIDGEVIEW, Unwell. – The New England Revolution (10-12-12; 34 pts.) concluded the 2022 MLS common season with a 1-1 draw in opposition to Chicago Hearth FC (10-15-9; 34 pts.) at SeatGeek Stadium on Sunday. Goalkeeper Djordje Petrović made 4 saves and midfielder Dylan Borerro secured his third objective of the season in a 25-minute substitute look.
The Revolution recorded 4 pictures within the first half, two by Giacomo Vrioni, who narrowly missed huge on a chance simply 52 seconds into the competition. Vrioni was changed by Borrero within the sixty fifth minute, who broke the impasse within the 88th minute to place the Revolution forward. The 20-year-old Colombian winger collected a move from Brandon Bye and set a right-footed roller into the left-side panel for his third tally of the season. Bye’s help was his seventh of the 12 months, stage with DeJuan Jones for second on the group and tied for fourth amongst all MLS defenders in 2022. Regardless of the late objective, Chicago’s Alex Monis evened the rating within the 92nd minute to seal the draw.
New England goalkeeper Djordje Petrović completed the competition with 4 saves, bringing his season whole to 85 with a save share of 75.7, in accordance with Opta. That’s the second-best charge in MLS this season (min. 30 saves) and the very best for a Revolution goalkeeper since Matt Reis in 2009 (min. 40 saves). Petrović joins Reis (2006 and 2009) and Matt Turner (2021) as the one Revolution goalkeepers to complete a season with a save share of 75.0 or higher.
Bruce Enviornment made two modifications to at this time’s Beginning XI from final Saturday’s 2-1 win over Atlanta United FC, with Jones and midfielder Wilfrid Kaptoum returning to the lineup. Jones, who marked his a centesimal MLS common season look, noticed his first motion since Sept. 13.
The draw extends New England’s unbeaten streak in opposition to Chicago to eight video games, with three wins and 5 attracts in that span. New England concludes the 2022 MLS common season in tenth place within the Japanese Convention. The Revolution will miss the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs for the primary time since 2018.
- Dylan Borrero tallied his third objective in his twelfth look for New England. In his 25-minute shift, Borrero tied for the group lead with three pictures and received three of his 5 duels.
- Brandon Bye registered an help on Borrero’s tally, his career-high seventh of the season to match DeJuan Jones’ membership report for most assists in a season by a defender. Bye additionally had a team-high 4 interceptions on protection.
- Bye‘s seven major assists are second most by a defender this season. With seven whole assists every, Bye and Jones are tied for fourth amongst all MLS defenders.
- Gustavo Bou (8g, 2a) finishes the season because the Revolution Golden Boot winner, the primary time he has claimed the award. Bou closed his ultimate match of 2022 with two pictures on track and two probabilities created.
- Carles Gil‘s 116 probabilities created are the fifth most in a season since Opta started monitoring the statistic in 2013. Gil’s 130 probabilities created in 2021 stay probably the most in that 11-year span.
- Djordje Petrović’s 75.7 save share, per Opta, is the third-highest t season mark for a Revolution goalkeeper (min. 40 saves), and the very best since Matt Reis posted 81.4 % in 2009.
- Petrović’s 75.7 save share finishes as second highest in MLS this season (min. 30 saves).
- DeJuan Jones returned to the beginning lineup and picked up his a centesimal MLS common season look at this time.
- Nacho Gil began for the second consecutive contest, successful a team-high 4 fouls and 6 of his 9 duels.
- Henry Kessler recorded a team-best 10 clearances, matching his season excessive set on Could 15 at Atlanta and ending only one shy of a profession mark.
- Damian Rivera’s substitute look was the fortieth MLS look by a Revolution Homegrown Participant this season.
- Bruce Enviornment makes two modifications to the Revolution Beginning XI from final Saturday’s 2-1 win over Atlanta United FC, with defender DeJuan Jones and midfielder Wilfrid Kaptoum beginning instead of Ryan Spaulding and Matt Polster (decrease leg).