The College of Tennessee, Knoxville, welcomes followers to campus Thursday, September 1, for a prime-time matchup towards Ball State College. That is UT’s first soccer sport of the season.
Kickoff is ready for 7 p.m. EDT in Neyland Stadium. Gates open at 5 p.m. The SEC Community will televise the sport. Followers are inspired to go to utsports.com/gameday/soccer or observe @UTGameday on Twitter for the most recent updates on sport info.
Digital Tickets and Parking Passes
Beginning this season, all tickets and parking passes will probably be digital and might be accessed by means of a cellular machine to enhance safety, cut back the chance of fraud, and make the method extra handy for followers.
Followers will probably be admitted into Neyland Stadium with a novel bar code which will probably be scanned straight from a cellular machine. Workers will scan cellular tickets and pedestal scanners will probably be positioned all through the stadium at choose gates. Workers carrying neon inexperienced shirts will be capable of help followers. Parking permits will probably be scanned by lot attendants.
For fast and straightforward entry, followers are inspired to obtain the Tennessee Athletics app from the Apple App Retailer or Google Play and obtain their tickets to their Apple Pockets or Google Pay earlier than arriving on campus. Display screen pictures and tickets printed at house is not going to be accepted. Followers with no smartphone ought to contact the UT Ticket Workplace forward of sport day at 865-656-1200. Followers can discover extra ideas in UT Athletics’ Digital Ticketing Information. Everybody, no matter age, will need to have a ticket.
Recreation Day Parking and Shuttles
Parking heaps will open to followers beginning at 1 p.m. ADA shuttles from accessible parking places will start working at 4 p.m. Accessible parking for these with a preassigned allow is positioned within the G10 storage or on the UT Institute of Agriculture campus. Extra first-come, first-served normal public accessible parking is positioned on the UTIA campus.
Knox Space Transit soccer shuttles that take followers to and from downtown parking places and Farragut Excessive College is not going to be working. The KAT Orange Trolley will stay operational till 11:15 p.m. The trolley will convey company from downtown Knoxville to both the Scholar Union or Peyton Manning Move. Friends may also select to take a daily KAT bus to campus. A day move prices $2, and there are 5 routes that may take followers to Cumberland Avenue:
There are gate adjustments for the 2022 season. College students will now not enter the stadium by means of Gate 23. They may now enter at Gates 4, 4a, and 5 on the east aspect of the stadium. The Decrease West Membership entrance is Gate 21b, and followers heading to the North Deck will enter at Gate 23. Followers coming into Neyland Stadium by means of Gate 21, Gate 10, and Actually’s Tailgate will participate in a brand new walkthrough weapons detection system earlier than scanning their ticket. Followers ought to have their cellular units out and able to scan, however they won’t must take away keys or wallets from their pockets.
Recreation Day Actions
Followers are invited to the Actually’s Tailgate for meals and drinks beginning at 4 p.m. Tickets will probably be required after 5 p.m.
Followers can take pleasure in meals, video games, music, and giveaways on the Toyota Volunteer Village, positioned in Humanities Plaza, from 3:30 to six:30 p.m.
For private tailgates, followers will probably be allowed to convey a tent as giant as 10 toes by 10 toes for his or her group. Tents should not block parking areas or automobile site visitors inside a parking space.
The standard Vol Stroll will start at 4:45 pm., with the Pleasure of the Southland Band march scheduled for five:20 p.m. The band march will start on the pedestrian bridge for the September 1 sport.
On the conclusion of the nationwide anthem, three UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters from the Military Aviation Help Facility at McGhee Tyson Air Base will conduct a flyover of the stadium.
Halftime leisure features a Neyland Lights present.
Recreation Day Security Measures
- Followers can convey into the stadium one unopened factory-sealed clear water bottle and one empty clear water bottle per individual.
- Medical bag checkpoints will probably be at Gates 14 and 21.
- As required by the SEC, followers are allowed to convey to the stadium one clear plastic bag no bigger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches or a one-gallon clear resealable plastic storage bag. Additionally they will probably be allowed a small clutch purse to not exceed 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches. No different luggage will probably be allowed contained in the stadium.
- Followers involved in buying an accredited clear bag can go to the Official Staff Retailer at Neyland Stadium; VolShop places within the Scholar Union, on the nook of Cumberland Avenue and seventeenth Road, and in College Commons; and different space retailers.
- All gadgets are topic to go looking at gates.
- For extra info, see the clear bag coverage.
- Followers can report suspicious exercise by texting 865-974-1205 with their seat location (concourse, part, row, seat quantity) and subject.
- Smoking is prohibited at UT, together with inside personal automobiles parked or operated on college property. The prohibition extends to any lighted tobacco, digital cigarettes, and different vape units.
- Anybody trying to enter the stadium with alcohol will probably be denied entry.
- The identical insurance policies apply to followers sitting within the scholar part of the stadium.
- Unmanned plane techniques are prohibited on college property starting 4 hours earlier than the scheduled kickoff time of a soccer sport, in the course of the sport, and for 2 hours after the conclusion of the sport.
Different prohibited gadgets
- Synthetic noisemakers
- Open umbrellas
- Exterior meals, snacks, and drinks
- Radios with out headphones
- Video cameras, skilled cameras, and cameras with removable lenses
- Stadium seats with arms or aspect pockets
- Selfie sticks
- Weapons of any variety, together with pocket knives
No gadgets might be saved or left on the gates. Followers can convey the next gadgets contained in the stadium, topic to go looking on the gates:
- Cushions or seats with out arms or aspect pockets
- Small cameras, binoculars, and cell phones
- Small luggage with medically obligatory gadgets (Word: Diapers and non-medically obligatory gadgets for infants and younger youngsters should be carried in a transparent bag.)
Lisa Leko (865-974-8698, [email protected])
Tom Satkowiak (865-974-7501, [email protected])