- Inside the Numbers (Success and also Losses)
- Group Leaders
- General Statistical Evaluation
- Added Stats
- Unique Groups
- Significant Turning Points Attained
- Hyperlinks to Past Quarterly Wrap-ups
- Various Other Relevant Reviewing Capitals Blueline Efficiency Evaluation: Coming Close To The Quarter Post Update As Well As Projection For Capitals Business Deepness At The Goaltending Placement Fundings Weekly Trends; Property As Well As Shot Metrics Remain To Enhance
- Similar To This:
- Concerning Diane Doyle
Image: AP Photo/Nick Wass
The Washington Capitals have actually finished 20 video games of their 2022-2023 timetable, about 24% of the period. Consequently, it’s time for our routine quarterly evaluation of the group.
After 20 video games, the Fundings have a 7-10-3 document for 17 factors, remain in 7th location in Metropolitan Department, and also 13 th location in the Eastern Meeting.
Inside the Numbers (Success and also Losses)
Of the Fundings’ 7 victories, all 7 remained in law. They have actually shed 3 video games in overtime, with 2 of those losses being shootout losses.
To damage down overalls by month, the Capitals were 5-4-1 in October and also 2-6-2 throughout November, up until now. They have actually gone 5-4-1 in your home and also 2-6-2 when traveling.
- Alex Ovechkin– 9 (4 at Also Toughness; 5 on Power Play)
- Conor Sheary– 7 (6 at Also Toughness; 0 on Power Play, 1 Undermanned)
- Dylan Strome, John Carlson, Anthony Mantha– 5
- Evgeny Kuznetsov– 12
- Dylan Strome– 10
- Nick Jensen– 9
- Alex Ovechkin– 8
- Alex Ovechkin– 17 (9 objectives, 8 aids)
- Dylan Strome– 15 (( 5 objectives, 10 aids)
- Evgeny Kuznetsov– 14 (2 objectives, 12 aids)
- John Carlson– 11 (5 objectives; 6 aids)
General Statistical Evaluation
- Of the Capitals 55 objectives, 14 got on the power play, 39 went to also stamina, 2 were undermanned, and also one was racked up on the vacant internet.
- The Fundings balanced 2.75 Objectives Per Video game, which rates 26th in the organization, while their Goals-Against Standard is 3.25, which is the 15th least expensive.
- The Fundings’ 55 objectives were 2 much less than the organization standard of 57 and also rated 20th in the organization. They have actually surrendered 65 objectives which is the 7th worst in the organization.
- The Capitals racked up greater than 4 objectives on 4 various events, winning every one of the video games. They quit greater than 4 objectives 6 times and also shed them all, shedding 2 in law, one in overtime, and also 2 in a shootout.
- Their document in one-goal video games is 2-2-3.
- Their document in video games where the objective distinction was 3 objectives or even more is 2-6-2.
Below is a graph of the Washington Capitals data with the initial 20 video games, that includes the ranking within the organization. Both standard data and also progressed data are consisted of.
Standard data were gotten from NHL.com and also Hockey Recommendation. Advanced Stats can be located in All-natural Stat Technique/ The complete collection of the group’s innovative data from All-natural Stat Technique can be located below. Their innovative data from Cash Puck can be located below.
All-natural Stat Technique provides an outbreak of Fundings’ gamers’ offending data with the initial 20 video games of the period at 5-on-5. It reveals objectives, key, and also second aids, complied with by an outbreak of innovative data.
Web Link below for even more in-depth qualities on each of the Fundings’ defensemen.
- The Capitals took 599 shots on objective and also quit 628 shots on objective. At 5-on-5, they took 455 shots, which rates 11th and also challengers took 475 shots, which rates 6th worst. Their general Capturing Portion was 9.2% which rates 24th while their shooting percent at 5-on-5 is 7.91%
- The Capitals took approximately 30.0 shots per video game and also quit approximately 31.4 shots.
- The Capitals won 46.8% of their faceoffs, which rates 26th in the organization.
Darcy Kuemper played in 15 video games, began them all, and also made 392 minimizes 432 shots for a conserve percent of.907, which is listed below his job save percent of.917. He has a 5-9-1 document for the year. His goals-against standard is 2.83. Kuemper authored one nothing this period.
In innovative data, he has actually conserved 1.5 objectives over anticipated,.106 objectives per 60 mins over anticipated, and also his objectives versus standard is 0.11 objectives over anticipated.
Charlie Lindgren played in 6 video games, beginning 5, and also has a 2-1-2 document for the year, making 171 minimizes 189 shots for a conserve percent of.905. That is listed below his job save percent of.912 however this period is his initial full time NHL period. His goals-against standard is 3.13. Lindgren has actually not videotaped any type of nothings this period.
In innovative data, he has actually conserved 1.4 objectives over anticipated, conserved.243 objectives per 60 mins over anticipated, and also his objectives versus standard is 0.24 objectives over anticipated.
Web Link below for a much more in-depth examination of the Fundings’ goaltenders.
For the period, the Capitals racked up 14 power-play objectives on 74 power-play possibilities for a conversion price of 18.92%, which rated 24th in the organization, even worse than the organization standard of 22.02%.
The Capitals Charge Eliminate percent was 78.33%. They have actually eliminated 47 charges out of 60 possibilities, which rated 15th out of 32 groups. Their fine mins per video game was 10.0 which rates 15th in the organization. Challengers gained 11.3 fine mins per video game which rated 8th.
The Capitals racked up 2 undermanned objectives and also quit 2 undermanned objectives this year.
Significant Turning Points Attained
All Alone: Alex Ovechkin Ratings 787th Occupation Objective, Passes Gordie Howe for Many Objectives Racked Up With a Solitary Franchise Business
Turning Points In Missouri: Alex Ovechkin Proceeds Climb NHL” s All-Time Information Ladder
Much More Milestones In Motown: A Check Out Alex Ovechkin’s Most recent Edits To NHL Document Publication
Much More Alex Ovechkin Milestones: Occupation NHL Goals and also Power Play Goals
John Carlson Ratings Undermanned Objective in His 900th NHL Video Game
John Carlson Records 600th Factor in 5-1 Sway Tampa Fl Bay, Becomes First Capitals’ Defenseman To Get To 600 Factors
Peter Laviolette Wins 723rd Occupation Video Game– Go Up to 8th Area in NHL Background
2017-18: 1st Quarter second Quarter third Quarter fourth Quarter
2018-19: 1st Quarter second Quarter third Quarter fourth Quarter
2019-20: 1st Quarter second Quarter third Quarter fourth Quarter
2020-21: 1st Trimester second Trimester third Trimester
2021-22: 1st Quarter second Quarter third Quarter fourth Quarter
Various Other Relevant Reviewing
Capitals Blueline Efficiency Evaluation: Coming Close To The Quarter Post
Update As Well As Projection For Capitals Business Deepness At The Goaltending Placement
Fundings Weekly Trends; Property As Well As Shot Metrics Remain To Enhance
By Diane Doyle