FULL BOX RATING
- Brock Purdy passes one more examination for NFC West-winning 49ers. When Kyle Shanahan gets on, he is among the finest play-callers in the NFL. And also based upon what we have actually seen the previous 11 days, Purdy seems the actual bargain. Those aren’t equally special. Yes, the majority of Purdy’s passes mosted likely to open up receivers, however he’s still making the tosses– and also also in hard places. That’s what matters, and also it was what aided provide San Francisco the NFC West title with Thursday evening’s win. Purdy began greatly, appealing his initial 11 passes (with one more gotten rid of by charge throughout that touch). The emphasize was a Purdy elegance on the goal pass to George Kittle, forging 2 displays prior to shooting the round on a hold-up path to the open limited end, that did the remainder of the work with the 28-yard rating. Purdy did escape a couple of passes late in the initial fifty percent, tossing what ought to have been an interception right into the upper body of the Seahawks’ Quandre Diggs late in the 2nd quarter. Yet Purdy came back on the right track and also took care of a couple of difficult places– possibly where various other young quarterbacks may begin thawing a little bit– and also played one more tidy, solid video game in general. Via 3 (almost complete) video games, he’s tossed for 6 TDs and also one INT and also finished almost 67% of his passes.
- The Seahawks dropping can not all be placed on Geno Smith. A great deal of pressures were antagonizing Smith versus the 49ers, and also allow’s be straightforward: These concerns have actually been making for some time. While the Seahawks’ protection greatly did what it required to do to maintain them in the video game, the infraction lost with a set of basket. The Seahawks’ offending line enabled 3 sacks (and also it ought to have been extra) and also 9 QB hits. Kenneth Pedestrian offered the backfield a little trigger, however it was clear he had not been totally healthy and balanced, needing to limp off the area at one factor. Travis Homer’s fumble was an awesome. DK Metcalf had a peaceful 7 catches and also was flagged for 15- and also 10-yard fines. Smith, as has actually held true in current weeks, really did not play his finest. Yet he was much from the factor Seattle shed. He took some outright shots versus the 49ers and also was still attempting to coax his colleagues to place a late battle, which they did. The response by the Seahawks’ sideline to Smith obtaining struck out of bounds by the 49ers’ Talanoa Hufanga informs you simply just how much Smith’s colleagues regard him. Currently they require to aid him out a little bit extra if the Seahawks wish to gain a wild-card berth.
- George Kittle being healthy and balanced is a significant distinction for the 49ers Seattle prevailed when Kittle missed out on the 49ers’ initial match in between both groups, however Thursday was his repayment. Kittle hurt the Seahawks for 2 lengthy goals– 28 and also 54 lawns, and also he was large open on both– to aid damage the video game open for the 49ers. He would certainly complete the video game with 4 catches for 93 lawns, his highest possible yardage overall considering that Week 7. The inquiry with Kittle is often his wellness. He plays a harsh brand name of football and also has actually been battered quite terribly for many years, returning to university. Yet when he’s readily available and also near complete power, Kittle is almost like any kind of limited end in the organization, maybe aside from Travis Kelce. Kittle likewise succeeds at obstructing, making him a total gamer and also a best suitable for this system. And also though Purdy looks quite darned great, the larger factor is that both appearance great working with each other and also the 49ers are simply a much more harmful group when Kittle is available.
- Seahawks will certainly rue very early missed out on possibilities. The Seahawks were being beat early however discovered themselves down just 7-3 late in the 2nd quarter. That’s when a quite harsh set of plays made it that a lot harder for Seattle to place a resurgence. The initial was Diggs’ went down INT; it was a play he needed to make, and also there was space to compete a return, as well. The 2nd came 5 plays later on when Seahawks running back Travis Homer spent a fumble near midfield, which was recouped by the 49ers and also ultimately exchanged a basket. Cautiously, that five-play series set you back the Seahawks an internet 6 factors and also potentially extra. That impended huge when the 49ers took their initial property of the 2nd fifty percent and also went right down the area with it. What can have been a reasonably close video game was all of a sudden an 18-point opening for the residence group. And also it can have been even worse had Deommodore Lenoir’s prospective pick-six not been removed the board on the following collection. Which leads us to …
- Roughing-the-passer telephone calls are still not going efficiently. Grady Jarrett’s sack on Tom Brady. Chris Jones’ sack on Derek Carr. Jaelen Phillips’ sack on Justin Herbert. All were erased for extremely suspicious roughing telephone calls. Those aided add to this coming to be a warm subject at the current proprietors’ conference, with a conversation regarding potentially making roughing the passer reviewable. The most up to date questionable circumstances came Thursday when Nick Bosa sacked Geno Smith … and after that was punished 15 lawns for apparently simply playing football. The officiating staff can validate it by stating Bosa drove Smith to the ground, however you can see Bosa launch his left arm as he’s dropping. What else can Bosa reasonably perform in that scenario? It deserves keeping in mind, nevertheless, that roughing get in touch with the entire are down contrasted to last period. There were 72 of them called with the initial 208 video games this period (standard of one every 2.9 video games) with Week 14. In 2014, there were a total amount of 154 roughing call 278 video games, or one every 1.8 video games. So they’re much less regular however still sometimes questionable, and also we have actually had sufficient huge ones that the regulation may alter ultimately.
See also 2022 NFL season predictions: Selecting the Tremendous Bowl, playoff groups and ultimate standings for all 32 groups
Following Gen stat of the video game: George Kittle had 8.8 lawns of splitting up when the pass showed up on his 54-yard TD function, his 2nd wide-open TD on Thursday (5-plus lawns of splitting up). Kittle acquired 23 of those lawns after the catch, getting plus-11 lawns over anticipated. The goal possibility on the play was just 14.7%.
NFL Research Study: Christian McCaffrey had his 3rd straight video game with a goal on Thursday, the very first time he’s done that considering that racking up 2 TDs in all 3 video games he played in his injury-shortened 2020 period.