On August 5, 2022, the Washington State Division of Well being (WA DOH) launched an up to date model of the Necessities and Steerage to Mitigate COVID-19 Transmission in Okay-12 Colleges and Youngster Care. BSD will proceed to comply with the steerage from WA DOH because it comes out, with any necessities adopted as necessities and any suggestions adopted as suggestions. This COVID-19 steerage is essential for college workers and directors making vital choices round COVID-19.
The district’s respective COVID-19 webpages shall be up to date to mirror any modifications all year long.
Updates for the 2022-23 Faculty 12 months
Necessities and Steerage to Mitigate COVID-19 Transmission in Okay-12 Colleges and Youngster Care:
- College students and workers who check optimistic for COVID-19 are required to remain at house and isolate for five days. Repeating preliminary COVID-19 testing is not going to have an effect on this requirement.
- College students and workers getting back from 5 days of isolation ought to put on a well-fitted masks from days 6 to 10. These returning are inspired to check earlier than doing so.
- If college students or workers proceed to check optimistic for COVID-19 after day 5, they have to isolate for the total 10 days.
- Colleges and baby care suppliers are not required to instantly notify excessive danger people of publicity however should proceed to have a course of in place to tell college students, workers and households of instances and outbreaks.
- Colleges and baby care suppliers proceed to be required to report outbreaks (3 or extra instances inside a specified core group) to native well being jurisdictions and to have a system in place to reply.
WA DOH continues to encourage faculties and baby care suppliers to think about their native context when choosing any extra measures to assist scale back COVID-19 transmission in faculties and baby care settings and to coordinate with their native well being jurisdiction, notably throughout instances of outbreak. Bellevue Faculty District companions with Public Well being — Seattle & King County for this goal and to assist hold our studying group protected for in-person studying.
Reporting COVID-19 Instances and Outbreaks
The up to date steerage from WA DOH requires notification to workers, college students and their households when there are instances and outbreaks in faculties. The Bellevue Faculty District maintains a web-based dashboard for this goal. COVID-19 instances for the 2022-23 college yr are positioned on the COVID-19 Instances in Colleges Dashboard, with information up to date day by day at 7:00 a.m.
WA DOH encourages households to vaccinate their youngsters who’re eligible in session with their well being care supplier. COVID-19 vaccination is now obtainable to youngsters 6 months and older. All workers and volunteers in instructional settings are required to be totally vaccinated or have obtained a medical or spiritual exemption per Governor’s proclamation 21-14.3.
Extra Sources & Suggestions
You’ll be able to entry the up to date COVID-19 college and childcare steerage on the WA DOH web site positioned on the Sources and Suggestions web page within the Faculty and Childcare part.