The Stanford Studying lab is holding a 4-part cognitive workshop sequence, out there to all Stanford college students throughout the Fall 2022 quarter. The aim of this workshop sequence is to supply an immersive area to be taught and follow scientifically-informed methods associated to tutorial success and well-being. Dr. Mitch Dandignac will cowl the cognitive science behind a number of important areas for excelling in academia and facilitate guided practices. Whereas every of us convey our personal distinctive strengths and be taught otherwise, this is a chance to mirror on how we expect, be taught, and behave in our tutorial lives. By means of a cognitive psychological lens, we are able to higher perceive our psychological processes and enact desired adjustments in our approaches.
Workshops happen on Mondays from 5PM-6:30PM. Refreshments will probably be supplied. The workshops will probably be held in-person on the Scholar Providers Constructing, Room 101, positioned at 563 Salvatierra Stroll, Stanford, CA. You’ll be able to register for some or every of those particular person workshops. Word that the workshops have a restricted capability.
Register right here
Cognitive Workshop Sequence Overview
- Monday, October 17 (5PM-6:30): Learning Smarter, Not More durable
- On this workshop, we follow excessive utility examine methods and tackle misconceptions about how our minds course of and retain data. Whether or not we’re transitioning from highschool or are a number of years into our increased schooling, adopting just a few core studying ideas can assist us thrive on exams, analysis initiatives, manuscripts, and quite a lot of different tutorial endeavors.
- Monday, October 31 (5PM-6:30PM): Studying to Sleep, Sleeping to Be taught
- On this workshop, we discover the science of sleep, the way it impacts reminiscence retention, and set up objectives and techniques to get our sleep again on monitor. Sleep is commonly the very first thing we sacrifice to create extra time to check or entertain ourselves. Nevertheless, regular and wholesome sleep habits can have a constructive and enduring impact on our quick and long-term tutorial success and well-being.
- Monday, November 14 (5PM-6:30PM): Constructing & Breaking Habits
- On this workshop, we cowl why the habits we got down to do don’t final and the way restructuring how we take into consideration habits can assist us construct good habits. Whether or not it’s lapsing on our New Yr’s resolutions or habitually participating our vices, we frequently have experiences of excellent habits not sticking and dangerous habits not breaking. By leveraging just a few key ideas of how folks suppose, we are able to enhance the probability that this time round our habits will stick.
- Monday, December 5 (5PM-6:30PM): Overcoming Procrastination
- On this workshop, we look at the science of procrastination, the causes of our personal procrastination tendencies, and follow methods to maintain us on schedule. There are a selection of the reason why we delay our work. We would have a worry of failure, require leisure till our motivation returns, or not know proceed on a posh and complicated job. By figuring out these patterns and constructing in measures of accountability, we are able to full our work forward of schedule.
For questions, e mail [email protected]