UCLA vs. Alabama State
Sept. 10, 2022
– Along with his thirty seventh profession begin, quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson strikes into sole possession of fourth place all-time for video games began by a UCLA quarterback.
– Thompson-Robinson handed Josh Rosen to assert third place all-time in whole offensive yards after throwing an 18-yard cross to Keegan Jones early within the second quarter. Thompson-Robinson exited the sport with 101 yards for a career-total of 9,208 yards.
– Each UCLA quarterbacks surpassed the 100-yard mark within the air. Thompson-Robinson accomplished the sport with 101 passing yards, and redshirt sophomore Ethan Garbers added 164 yards in just below three quarters of play.
– Garbers rushed for 2 touchdowns, marking the second-consecutive week during which a Bruin QB discovered the endzone twice on the bottom.
– Redshirt junior Keegan Jones scored a landing for the second-consecutive week. It was Jones’ first dashing landing since Dec. 19, 2020 vs. Stanford.
– Redshirt junior Hudson Habermehl scored his first profession landing in a Bruin uniform, catching a 25-yarder from Thompson-Robinson late within the first quarter.
– Two Bruins pressured fumbles for the primary time of their collegiate careers. Linebacker Laiatu Latu sacked Alabama State’s Myles Crawley late within the first and redshirt senior Bo Calvert pressured the ball out of bounds to finish the quarter.
– Redshirt sophomore Grayson Murphy has recorded sacks in consecutive weeks to begin the season.
– Freshman T.J. Harden discovered the endzone for the primary time as a Bruin with a 13-yard rush within the third quarter.
– Working again Christian Grubb rushed for his first-career landing early within the fourth quarter. The rating got here as a part of a sequence of the redshirt junior’s first-career carries in a UCLA uniform.
– A pair of defensive backs recorded their first-career interceptions in Saturday’s recreation. Redshirt freshman Jaylin Davies returned the ball 46 yards earlier than being taken down within the third quarter, and D.J. Justice snagged an interception within the endzone in the course of the ultimate quarter of play.
– After an eight-point outing, kicker Nicholas Barr-Mira jumps as much as 23nd on UCLA’s all-time scoring record with 159 profession factors.
– UCLA has scored in 19-consecutive quarters relationship again to Nov. 13, 2021 when the Bruins confronted Colorado.
– The Bruins had been an ideal 4-4 within the crimson zone within the first half, discovering the endzone as soon as within the air and thrice on the bottom.
– The Bruins held Alabama State to simply 14 dashing yards within the first half. The staunch UCLA run protection stifled the Hornets, permitting solely 87 dashing yards within the recreation.
– UCLA completed with 5 dashing touchdowns, essentially the most in a recreation because the Bruins took down Colorado on Nov. 13, 2021.
– The Bruins ended with 45 factors in two-consecutive video games to start the season. UCLA’s 90 factors over the opening two video games mark essentially the most the group has scored because the begin of the 2017 season (101 factors – 45 vs. Texas A&M, 9/3/2017 and 56 vs. Hawai’I, 9/9/2017).
– UCLA possessed the ball for twenty-four:12 in comparison with Alabama State’s 35:48 however emerged victorious. The final time the Bruins gained with a decrease time of possession than their opponent was Nov. 20, 2021 in opposition to USC.