Postgame Notes – UCLA vs. Bowling Inexperienced (Sept. 3, 2022)
UCLA vs. Bowling Inexperienced
– With the beginning, quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson strikes into fourth place all-time for video games performed by a UCLA quarterback, tying Tom Ramsey with 36 begins.
– Senior Zach Charbonnet amassed over 100 yards for the second-consecutive season opener (106 whole yards vs. Hawaii, 8/28/2021). His 147-yard efficiency marks the third-consecutive 100+ yard recreation for Charbonnet and his eighth in a UCLA uniform.
– Three Bruins scored touchdowns of fifty yards or higher, the primary coming with Thompson-Robinson’s 68-yard landing run within the first quarter. Redshirt junior Keegan Jones broke away for a 52-yard landing catch late within the second quarter, and redshirt senior Josiah Norwood caught sped downfield for a 50-yard TD within the fourth quarter. These mark the twenty third, twenty fourth and twenty fifth time a Bruin has scored a landing of fifty yards or extra since 2016.
– Redshirt junior Kazmeir Allen led the Bruins with 10 receptions for 85 yards. Allen is the primary Bruin to drag in 10 or extra catches since Kyle Philips snatched 12 receptions towards USC on Nov. 23, 2019.
– Redshirt senior Jake Bobo pulled in his first reception as a Bruin with a 20-yard completion within the second quarter.
– Sophomore Titus Mokiao-Atimalala caught his first go as a Bruin together with his 6-yard reception within the second quarter.
– Senior Mo Osling III and junior Kenny Churchwell III led UCLA with 5 whole tackles every.
– Redshirt senior Stephan Blaylock made an affect in his return with a team-leading two tackles for loss in Saturday’s outing.
– Redshirt sophomore Grayson Murphy recorded his first sack in a Bruin uniform. Blaylock added a sack for the Bruins on Bowling Inexperienced’s first drive of the fourth quarter.
– Kicker Nicholas Barr-Mira joined the 150-point membership together with his PAT to begin the fourth quarter. Barr-Mira (151 pts) strikes into sole-possession of twenty fourth place all-time for the Bruins, leapfrogging working backs Joshua Kelley, Kermit Johnson and Bob Davenport (150 pts).
– The UCLA protection held Bowling Inexperienced to 102 whole yards within the first half, permitting simply 3.3 yards per play.
– UCLA is now 67-33-5 in season-opening video games.
– UCLA is 1-0 towards Bowling Inexperienced after Saturday’s victory.
– After trailing 17-7 within the first quarter, UCLA scored 38 unanswered factors, together with two landing passes and a TD run from Thompson-Robinson.
– UCLA held the Falcons to 1-8 on third-down conversion makes an attempt within the first half. The Bruins outpaced the Falcons shifting the chains, gaining 16 first downs to Bowling Inexperienced’s 5 earlier than halftime.
– The Bruins completed with 626 whole yards of offense, surpassing 600 yards for the primary time since Nov. 20, 2021 when UCLA (609 yds.) downed USC 62-33.
– UCLA prevented Bowling Inexperienced from reaching 200 whole yards in Saturday’s matchup, holding the Falcons to 162 yards. That is the primary time the Bruins have held an opponent below 200 yards since dealing with Cal on Nov. 15, 2020.