Coach Durocher Interview
The Boston College girls’s ice hockey workforce will formally kick off its 2022-23 season with a pair of residence video games because it takes on Rensselaer within the opener on Friday (Oct. 7) earlier than internet hosting Union on Saturday (Oct. 8).
Friday’s contest will begin at 7 p.m. whereas Saturday’s will likely be a 4 p.m. begin. Each video games will likely be on ESPN+ (broadcast information).
- BU is coming into its 18th season as a varsity program and that is the primary time for the reason that 2018 that the season opener is at residence.
- The Terriers have welcomed seven newcomers (5 freshmen, two transfers) to a roster that returns 11 of the highest 15 point-scorers from the 2021-22 season.
- Senior Nadia Mattivi will function captain for the 2022-23 marketing campaign whereas juniors Lacey Martin and Madison Cardaci are this yr’s assistant captains.
- The Terriers had been chosen fifth within the Hockey East Preseason Coaches’ Ballot.
- Senior Julia Nearis is the workforce’s main returning point-scorer after posting 20 final yr, together with a team-best 16 assists.
- Callie Shanahan enters her sophomore season after a powerful first yr in aim that led to her being named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Staff.
- Alex Allan and Jesse DeVito have returned for a fifth yr to provide the Terriers a bigger veteran presence.
- BU is 10-4-3 all-time in season openers with wins of their previous three.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
- The Engineers had been picked sixth within the ECAC Preseason Coaches’ Ballot after a 2021-22 season wherein they posted a file of 9-23-0.
- Rensselaer opened its season final weekend with a pair of highway losses to St. Cloud State by scores of 5-0 and 3-2.
- Senior Maddie Peterson and junior Taylor Larsen offered the objectives within the second recreation.
- Marah Wagner is again for her senior season after main final yr’s squad in factors (21), objectives (11) and assists (10).
- Senior Amanda Rampano began all 30 video games in aim final yr as a junior and posted a 2.38 goals-against common and .930 save proportion.
BU-RPI SERIES HISTORY
- BU is 3-4-2 in eight all-time conferences with Rensselaer.
- The groups met for the primary time in eight years final season with the Engineers incomes a 4-2 residence win on Oct. 22.
- The Terriers are an ideal 3-0-0 within the three conferences which have taken place at Walter Brown Area.
SCOUTING THE DUTCHWOMEN
- Union has already performed two weekend collection with splits on the highway in opposition to two Hockey East groups – New Hampshire and Holy Cross – and is coming off a 3-1 victory in opposition to the Crusaders.
- The Dutchwomen have eight highway video games to begin the season as they may go to Clarkson and St. Lawrence subsequent weekend to being ECAC play earlier than their residence opener in opposition to Harvard on Nov. 4.
- Senior Emily King presently leads the workforce in factors with six on 4 objectives and two assists.
- Freshman Riley Walsh additionally has 4 objectives whereas fellow freshmen Amanda Quan (2g, 1a) and Stephanie Bourque (3a) have every contributed three factors.
- Junior Celeste Beaudoin led final yr’s workforce in factors (15) and assists (12).
BU-UNION SERIES HISTORY
- BU is an ideal 12-0-0 all-time in opposition to Union.
- The previous three matchups have all taken place in Schenectady, together with a 4-1 BU victory on Oct. 23 final season.
- There was one shutout (6-0, 11/3/07) and one assembly went to time beyond regulation (3-2, 10/12/13).
- BU’s first win in program historical past got here in opposition to Union on Oct. 14, 2005.
- The Terriers will kick off Hockey East play subsequent Friday (Oct. 14) when it visits New Hampshire.
- That recreation, which will likely be televised on NESN, is ready for 7 p.m.